Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sin City the movie...

OK, well, I don't have many claims to fame. I met Bon Jovi once, and had drinks the other night with Statboy, Jay Mariotti and some producers (from Around the Horn, and Pardon the Interruption, on ESPN) at the Lucky Bar in DC- but that's about it.

Until now! My cousin,
Scott Teeters, has a role in the new movie Sin City! He plays twins, Lenny & Benny - so you absolutely must go see this movie. I am so excited for him, and who knows - if he makes it big, he's going to hire me to assist his publicist! (well, so we've jokingly discussed)

The cast list is long and stellar! Actors include
Benicio Del Toro, Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett, Brittany Murphy, Jessica Alba - and that's only a handful of the talent. And regardless of the fact that I'll be biased about the movie - I believe most people would agree that it looks really good from the previews.

A quick synopsis - Sin City is about a dangerous city with a corrupt police department. It follows three storylines: Marv (
Mickey Rourke) is looking for the person who murdered a woman while she was asleep next to him; Dwight (Clive Owen) the photographer who accidentally kills a hero cop and has to cover it up; and Hartigan (Bruce Willis) the soon-to-be retired cop who's incarcerated for a crime that he did not commit. (This is the part of the story that my cousin plays a part in!) All of the storylines are based on the graphic novels "Sin City", "A Dame To Kill For", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller. The director, Robert Rodriguez, also directed the Spy Kids movies, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Desperado and many others.

(Of course this summary is based on the zillion excerpts that I've read about the movie - because I actually have never read the comics. So I'm sure there's much more to it. )

So everyone, your homework for this weekend is to go see Sin City. It's already receiving rave reviews. I will definitely keep you updated after I see it this weekend. And feel free to post back here and let me know what you thought about it.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger LOST said...

OK, here is the real character listing for Sin City: Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Michael Clarke Duncan, Benicio Del Toro, and my personal favorite, Scott Teeters. Other than that you are 100% accurate about Sin City. The movie is an absolute must see for anyone who doesn't mind a little over-the-top violence and gore. Great review Sassy!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Cuz said...

Gotta love nepotism! Thanks to all of "Sassy's" friends who made it out to Sin City. I've learned that it makes more sense if you see it five or six times. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home