Friday, April 29, 2005

The "D" Word....I'm In!

I've known since I was a small girl of four, singing into my parent's video camera and preforming nightly newscasts of our "Family News": I was put on this earth to do great things, and be an ambitious person who goes beyond the ends of the earth to reach her dreams. Lately, I have had a bit of a drought in that feeling. I guess it goes along with my first "big girl" job ever, the college-to-real-world transition, and the fact that I am 22 and still wonder what the heck I ultimately plan on doing with my life. Yet alas, I have decided to blog my experiences to the world, as a stepping stone in my successes. And with that, I have set goals ~ and encourage readers to do the same.

There is one goal inparticular that has been haunting me for a time now. It's easy to think of many goals, but to act them out, now that's different. I want to loose weight. No, I am no overweight, but I am also not at my ideal weight. I don't want to look like a waif, but rather fit and healthy looking, and most importantly - toned.

Sara and I have decided to start a, gasp, diet. Yes, I utter at the "d" word too, but starting May 1 and going until June 1, we plan on experimenting with a different kind of "d." I am tired of following someone else's "d" plan, so I have decided to make up my own, as did Sara. We will diary our success through out blog, and although I do not plan to reveal my before and after weight ~ I will inform everyone how much I have lost ~ and we swear to the diet gods we will be honest about it!

So, starting May 1, 2005...my diet plan looks like this:
  • No more sodas - coke, diet coke, nada.
  • No more starbucks -check out the calorie count on some of those lattes...I have to kiss them goodbye.
  • Work out 3 times a week, 1 hour each session. (30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights, abs)
  • Absolutley NO MORE eating out - no more resturants, late night Wendy's, lunch breaks at Cosi. DONE.
  • Alcohol is OK- Hey, I'm 22 years old. Happy hour is part of my life style ~ and a healthy and social one at that.

So feel free to watch as I experiment with my very own "Give Up The Junk" Diet. Sara will have her own as well, and the battle to loose weight (in a healthy manner) starts Sunday!

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Big "d" can be so scary can't it! And I hate it when my actual life gets in the way-- i have been doing the big d for what seems like eternity-- but it is sooo paying off! i allow myself up to 16 oz. of diet soda/diet drinks/coffee a day no more than 3 times a week. i eat lots of fruits and limit my "starches"to 2 a day and only at breakfast and lunch. i also drink in excess of 64 oz.of water a day-- that's key. another thing that really helpsme is drinking up to 2 cups of either HOT lemon water (8 oz hot water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in) or hot tea-- it helps with retaining water soo much! i count my alcohol in with my diet, too-- like 3 oz. wine counts as one fruit-- 2 mich. ultras count as one starch, and a liquor drink counts as a starch-- but sometimes i like to ignore this policy because i need a real break from the daily stresses. ha ha ha! i follow a pretty strict regime-- one that was created for me by a nutritionist-- but i have lost 30 lbs. since january (and i would've lost more ad i not cheated so much!!!) peace out!
XO,
Cole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home