Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Different Point Of View


Love doesn't come around often. But when it falls in your lap, is it necessary to act gooey and ga-ga such as has Tom Cruise over Katie Holmes? As Tom explained to Oprah on her Monday show, "Something happened and I wanted to celebrate it!"

Their very public and very new relationship has been the hot topic in Hollywood, and got me thinking. Instead of wasting time accusing Tom and Katie of being a Hollywood publicity stunt, why not learn from them and embrace the perks of life a bit?

I've actually done the same thing myself without the help of Oprah, Tom, or Katie.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now. We fell hard and fast, and said those three special words in the span of two weeks.

I mean, what can I say? 'Something happened and I wanted to celebrate it!'

I've learned that sometimes you just have to let go of your insecurities and your hurt from past relationships and look at what has landed directly in your lap. Some may think it sounds silly, but for me, and I say this proudly a year later, it's worked brillantly.

Will Tom and Katie's love last? Looking at Hollywood's relationship track record, probably not. Will mine? Well, statistics say no. But who are you or anyone else to decide that? So far it's worked for Tom and Katie, and a year later, it's worked for me.

I'm no love expert, but I can say that you have nothing to loose from embracing the unexpected in life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home