How To Date A D.C. Woman1. Refrain from talking about your job or my job. You live in D.C. and so do I. We both have good jobs, but I don't care if you just closed a billion dollar deal for whatever government agency nor do you care about my most recent purchase at Neiman Marcus. There is much more we can talk about, and if there isn't, we shouldn't be dating in the first place.
2. When you are with me, you should have full attention focused on me. Staring at or checking out other girls in my presence is inappropriate behavior and will not be tolerated. When I am with you, I should feel like the sexiest and smartest woman you know, and that's your job to make me feel that way.
3. My friends are very important to me. Take time to get to know them, as I will take time to get to know yours.
4. All women need a girls night out, just as guys do. Instead of chugging beer, playing poker, and talking about boobs, we choose to get our nails done, drink a few martinis, and harmlessly scope out cute guys at the bar. (Because we know when you aren't with us you check out hot girls too.)
5. Refrain from talking about your ex's. They are all sluts in our eyes. And don't EVER, under any circumstance, compare us to one of them.
6. Do not ever push our heads down or grab them like a toy. It's insulting and uncomfortable. My nickname isn't "Deep Throat." We deserve to be gently caressed, softly touched, and sweetly kissed, unless told otherwise.
7. A sense of humor is a must, as long as you know where to draw the line. Playful joking is fine but when there are any references made to our weight, looks, friends, or anything else personal, it's no longer funny.
8. A little romance goes a long way, don't be afraid to get creative. Dinner and drinks is nice, but unoriginal. If we like you, clearly you must be intelligent, so put that brain to work and start coming up with new ways to romance us.
9. If we like you enough and have been dating you for a considerable amount of time, we'd like to meet your family. The saying goes that the way a man treats his mom is the way he will treat his wife (or girlfriend for that matter.) So make us proud.
10. Call us old-fashioned, but we always like to be courted. Be it you calling us, coming over to see us, or even opening the car door for us - you making the first move says a lot about your confidence and that you aren't lazy about being in a relationship. You're a manly man and not afraid about showing us that you care what we think...because your actions truly show us how you feel.
This posting was created by both butterflies :-)