Sunday, May 01, 2005

Re: The "D" Word

Well, it's that time of year again... The time when every girl (and guy, for the most part) begins to feel that onset of bathing suit panic. Diets weren't taken seriously in the winter (no matter how many times you told yourself you'd stick to it, winter clothing made it all to easy to hide those little imperfections and slip out of those healthy routines after just a day or two).

And now, along with warmer weather, comes the anxiety of having to bare it all when you're still a little too soft and squishy in certain areas... Diets and exercise begin to play serious roles once again in everyone's lives...

I am certainly no exception. As for this whole diet thing, I'm in too...

Starting today, Ashley and I are beginning our respective diets. Here is what I'm trying:

  • Absolutely no fast food.
  • No sodas.
  • No bread, chips, pasta, pizza, etc. after 5 o'clock every day. (I will eat some carbs, like the ones in fruit... but no carbs from the types of things mentioned before.)
  • Work out at least 3 times a week.
  • I am not cutting out alcohol - similarly to what Ash wrote about, I'm 23 and happy hours & weekend parties are a nice part of my life still...

I eat carbs like it's my job... so the third bullet will be the hardest - but it is, of course, for a good cause, which is: not feeling like a blimp in my new bikini!

We promise to try our hardest not to cheat (although first thing this morning, hung over & dehydrated we did share a small part of a soda without thinking first) and to let ya know how much weight we each lose over the next month! (And no, of course we're not sharing our actual weights with you...)

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I cheated last night and had some cheese & crackers... It won't happen again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home