Thursday, May 19, 2005

Screw Debt...I Fear Terror!


Being in debt is the least of our worries when we live in DC!

An article in today's USA today claims that college graduates fear debt more than they do terrorism. Here are the stats:

"They still fear terrorism, and most believe that Americans will experience
another attack. But when asked, "What are you most fearful of at this time?"
only 13.4% said a terrorist attack; 32.4% answered "going deeply into debt,"
and 31.2% said "being unemployed.'" - Greg Toppo, USA Today


Well - I think the 13.4 percent who surveyed they are more fearful for a terrorist attack are those who live and work in D.C. Seeming that I work in the Nation's Capital, I would say my fears of terrorism are a little more heightened than many. Actually, now that I think about it, I would say my fears of terrorism are much greater than my debt. Debt is nothing compared to the terrorist alerts/threats we have here! When it boils down, I'd rather feel much more safe than financially secure. No?

Why, it was only last week that the White House and Capital were evacuated and the First Lady was moved to a secure location. What about a secure location for me? The parking garage? Metro?

You can always get yourself out of debt. But you might not survive a terrorist attack.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Great blog! I loved every post! Luv, Jane

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Cleveland Park Men's Club said...

So true. Coming from one who is in major law school debt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home