Monday, May 23, 2005

Woops - I called an Ex.

Last weekend while out with friends, I ran into some of my ex's pals. I've remained acquaintance-type friends with them over the years (we all went to school together), but this was the first I'd seen any of them in a while. In the state we were in, I felt it was a good idea to call my ex and give a cheery hello/how are you/I ran into your buddies call. I ended up leaving a message.

Here is a little history: The ex and I met in the Bahamas on spring break (so cliche) and discovered we went to the same university, and when we got back to school we ended up dating briefly for about three months my sophomore year in college. He graduated and I broke up with him. (His feelings were also stronger for me than mine were for him.)

I continued in school, and would briefly chat with him every now and then. He even paid me a surprise visit on my 21st birthday.

Soon after that, I stopped returning his phone calls and we just lost touch.

Yesterday I was checking my messages left for me over the weekend. Here was his:

"Hey, I got your phone call. I just wanted to say that I never want to speak to you ever again. Do not call me ever again. I do not want you to be a part of my life at all. I have made the effort to be your friend and that's it. Do not ever, ever call me again, I never want to speak to you. I wish you the best of luck, but don't ever call me again, I never want to speak to you. Ever."

Wheeeeeeew weeeee! I think he made his point.

Note to self: Never, ever drunk dial an ex. Ever.

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if he never wanted to speak to you again he wouldnt have called. he just wanted you to feel some of the same pain he went through. you probably hurt him, hence the intensity of his message

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

That could be very possible.

I never thought of myself as the heart-breaker type.

But if there ever were a chance of me calling him again, it was crushed when I heard his message!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger V said...

Gasp. That's pretty direct. I agree he is probably pissed about you not returning his phone calls / dumping his ass and just wants to hurt you...but you were only together for three months and how long has it been since the break-up? He seems to be acting a bit dramatic, eh.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Yeah - we broke up almost THREE years ago. It's high time he gets over it - you can't go through life directly cutting people off who hurt you, b/c in the end you'll be the one with no friends!

Thanks for the input V. Loved your HHH pics. Too funny!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger V said...

That's a long time, he's probably not worth your time anyway.

Funny is one word you could use to describe those pics--moderately obnoxious would also be applicable--It was a lot fun though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home