Thursday, June 09, 2005

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Peter, Paul & Mary couldn't have sang it any better... I am ready to go - to Wilmington, NC that is!

That's right, I'm leaving tonight via Independence Air flying to Raleigh and then driving to Wilmington :) I CAN NOT WAIT.

I'll be spending the next 5 days with 7 of my best girl friends (a collaboration of sorority sisters and dance team alum) from college.

See, my mother and her girlfriends from college do a "Girls Weekend Away" every year... And have been doing so for over 25 years - that's more than a quarter of a century! It keeps them in touch and she always comes back with fantastic stories and a renewed sense of friendship.

To follow the example, my girls and I are going to do the same thing! It's great because we're spread out all over the country (NC, NJ, IL, AZ... DC...) and don't get to see each other that often.

So, by this time tomorrow I plan to be on the beach with a cocktail in hand... Perhaps a little boat action on Saturday... and between bikini and night time I'm pretty much guaranteed to laugh off at least 5 pounds.

And all my bags are packed... yes, that's right I've got two suitcases. But every girl knows it's important to bring at least two or three outfits for each night you'll be out of town... It's impossible to plan outfits that far ahead - and plus you'll need to bring some to share. And don't even get me started on bikinis, shoes, purses, hair products & accessories! ;)

Also, I PROMISE to post lots of pics up for all to see when I get back. And I'll even try to write a little something while I'm there.


Bon Voyage!


***Unfortunately, I will be missing out on the ability to enjoy good company, great drinks and help out the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society by attending a Happy Hour for Cheryl Romero... But if you're not lucky enough to be at the beach all weekend, you should definitely check it out! (Click the above link for more information from A Girl In DC.)

8 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger PaintingChef said...

Hope you have a wonderful time, I just got back from that area...Topsail Island to be exact. Are either the Rusty Nail or Undercurrent sill open in Wilmington? Those were two of my favorite places.

Found you on Blogexplosion.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

I will miss you SARA :-( Have a BLAST!!!!!!!! XOXOOXOXOXOXOX love you

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger DC Girls said...

Have a great time!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Get some sun, some cocktails, and some smooches!

(OK, maybe not the smooches) :)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

Can you get any more cruel? Drawing the picture: "oh, here's the hat trick: (1) 8 young taught tasty ladies (2)at the beach in bikini's with (3) no guys round." This seems so very mean. Who paints a picture like this and then leaves you to think about it for five days? The Vietcong, that's who.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sara said...

hahahaha oh elvis... you slay me...

(and thanks to all the other nice ones too!)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

Alright. That's it. I'm wearing a t-shirt round town this weekend in honor of your excursion to Wilmington, "Sara Free" (instead of "Free Kate").

On the other hand, people might think I got the shirt half off because the vendor mispelled "Sara Lee" and that I got the recipe of Key Lime Pie with the shirt.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Windy - Rainbow Brite said...

Have a great time in NC! Make sure to check out SideBar (downtown Wilmington) with your girlfriends for a fun night on the town! (My family has a beach house there & my sister lives there - it is a great beach town!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home