Sunday, June 19, 2005

Breaking up is hard to do

Especially when you break up with someone you really care about and their response is a simple "OK".

Not that you want them to try to change your mind, because it's already made up. But because it just shows that being with you doesn't matter to them... which, I suppose, in a roundabout way, simply validates the reasoning behind breaking up with them. But it still sucks.

On a couple side notes:
  1. Break ups are great diets... 3.5 pounds and counting down ;)
  2. My next boyfriend will be pointed strongly in the direction of CPMC's best practices... Especially Part V & Part VII. Or, perhaps the next boy that I'm with will think I'm worth things like that (and more) without my having to point them out in the first place...

Thank goodness I have a blog to vent to :)

9 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

"Especially when you break up with someone you really care about and their response is a simple "OK"."

God, I hope I'm lucky enough to get that, once. My last few break-ups have been "No! What about everything we had?!"

I would take that "OK" and run.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger roosh said...

the next "boy" you go out with will be white, preppy looking, and have no body hair. you can find him at mcfaddens or any other irish shithole. he will be all over you, so it works well for all parties involved

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... A possible vision of the future?? I could see the dc bachelor giving up bachelorhood and sara and dcb will live happily ever after. Ahhh, just like the ending to a fairytale

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I think DCB wrote that anon comment. :) Haha j/k. Love ya Sara!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Cleveland Park Men's Club said...

Wait until you see Best Practices #9.

If you've been dumped lately, hang in there, or drop by the CPMC events, to which you both are way overdue.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Sara darling I believe that you are the one that's going to be "OK!" :-) Yes, breaking up is hard to do, but I believe you're better off being single than dating someone who was oblivious to your fabulousness. Guys who are blind to a beautiful young woman with amazing qualities - they are the ones with the issues and in the end not worth being with anyway.

For now, it's time to enjoy your new freedom. Maybe we shall start frequenting some more CPMC events, because yes, we are long overdue!

Love you!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Sara said...

unique alias: i completely agree with you under normal break up circumstances, it's just different (i think) when you aren't breaking up with someone because of loss of feelings...

dcb, not sure i have any desire to meet a boy at mcfaddens... but i suppose you never can tell

anon, very cute... however, unfortunately dcb considers me high maintenance ;)

cpmc, eagerly anticipating #9 :) I promise we'll come out to one of your events soon!

AM & Lil - thanks :) love ya guys!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger hotwheelz said...

Time to move in for the kill... ;)

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Timothy Krein said...

I do not think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home