Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Endless Love

So, today my parents have been married for 31 years. He buys her flowers sometimes for no reason. They still hold hands when we go out to dinner. They cuddle on the couch when we watch movies at home. I try not to be bitter as I'm sitting there alone. Haha.

But, it really makes me think. We should all hope for a relationship like that. I guess the reason I have such a high standard for men is because my dad has set a good example for me. We should all be with the person who thinks we are amazing in any light, and will continue to feel that way in the long run. My best friend's grandfather visits his wife's grave every day, and brings her flowers and talks to her for hours. She passed away more than five years ago.

Love isn't always easy, and isn't always perfect. But sometimes, you can get by all of the rough spots and bumps in the road if you have the right person to stand by your side.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad...

5 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Riss said...

That's a nice story, and rare I think. Your parents are lucky people.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Jeans Mommy said...

Know how you feel -- my parents have been married almost 40 years and my husband's almost 38 years. Maybe that's why it took us so dang long to find each other!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Aurura said...

Thank you for sharing this, and I hope your parents had a wonderful anniversary.

My husband and I have been married for 10 + years. Many of our friends felt that we would not last more that 6 months.

They would have been right, too, if very big, deep personal changes were not made in each of us. I'm very grateful for that, and for getting the chance to watch my husband blossom day by day into the man he's always wanted to be.

It is possible to find your true love. And Im so glad! ;8^)

Take Care.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Basketball Is Life said...

my parents have been married for 46 years. i think they should divorce.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger The Blonde said...

Sometimes I get grossed out when I walk in on my parents making out in the kitchen. Or I see them spooning on the couch. Or when my dad still uses some cheesy pickup line on my mom.

They've been together 25 years. I think my disgust is actually poorly veiled jealousy of a healthy and happy relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home