Friday, June 10, 2005

For Love Of Dye

I haven't seen my real hair color since, um...8th grade?

I know what it is, though. Really. It's dark, dark brown. I think.

So I have an appointment with my favorite hairdresser, Gaston, at 4:30 p.m. He just dyed my hair, what, three weeks ago. Dark, dark brown, naturally.

I hate the fact that I am on a quest to find my natural color, keep dying it to do so, and am yet to find it. Doesn't it seem perfectly reasonable that I just chill and let it grow out?

No.

My hair has seen all sorts of shades and colors: brown, blonde, auburn, red-tinted, to almost black. So why am I never satisfied?!

Colors fade, tempermants change, and I will get a new hair color just because I "feel" like it, when really, I just wish I could find the one that was made for me.

Darnit I am never satisfied!!! It's so hard to keep up with fashion/style...but by god, I will.

8 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Don't hesitate to make a real statement and shave yourself bald. You'll have a full head of hair again in about a year.

Works for Natalie Portman . . .

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Going bal - very bold statement in many aspects (even outside fashion)

My hair has been many lengths but I am currently in the process of growing it and at the same time testing my patience to chop it off.

Bald will be a good thought for the future...

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

*bald

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any way you could introduce Gaston to DCBach?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I get highlights every 10 weeks or so. I've never been too daring, but I did get some cranberry colored highlights last time, and they look fabulous!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Do you like salt and pepper in men? If yes, how much is enough?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Bex said...

I recently started highlighting my hair, and I hate going to the salon every few months to touch it up. I'm thinking of just letting it go.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Yup ~ well I got it done again. Highlighted. Will be back in 3 weeks for a touch up too! Agh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home