Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Strut



One of the best feelings in the world (of course, besides love and peace and blah blah) is when you know that you are looking your absolute best. And/or when you catch the eye of that really hot guy, and you can feel his gaze following you... And by this, I mean those times when you can't help but to strut a little bit while you walk in public. It can happen when you're out with friends, or by yourself. In a crowded bar or in a totally random location... It's completely out of your control.

It happened to me last night. I went out to eat and came home. Had to make a trip to Target. Saw, possibly, the hottest guy in the universe. (Just my type.) We practically ran into each other in the laundry detergent section (which seemed rather ironic to me). He smiled. Said hello. I smiled. Said hello. He was about to say something more and I chickened out. Too recently single; not yet up to flirting in Target. So I smiled again, grabbed some detergend and walked away. But, as I was looking my absolute best from dinner, I could not help but to walk with a strut (hence the purpose of this post)... Seriously, I couldn't help it, I knew he was watching and, I swear, I had absolutely no control over the way that I was walking... My body took on a mind of its own. You know the feeling:

Your hips swagger just a little bit more than usual, and you can't stop them. Your legs carry you in a much more confident (almost cocky) gait, and there's nothing that you can do about it. Your chin's held higher than normal and there ain't nothing gonna bring that baby back down. There's half of a smile to the shape of your lips and it's there to stay.

It's not a front. It literally becomes the natural way for you to carry yourself. You don't try to look like a snob, and you don't because of that smile that you can't seem to help.

It's just a great feeling & mood lifter... And I certainly needed it last night!

I may just have to get dressed up and run into Target more often ;)

6 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

i think sex in target would be hot!

:q

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

It's SO true - we all have a strut. We know when a guy is checking us out so we subconsciously do it. I'll admit to that!! Well said :-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Brian Korach said...

Is that why some guys at the mall have their pants down to their knees with their boxers fully exposed while walking with a limp? Maybe those guys just feel really sexy at the mall!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Brian, Ha ha... I believe those are the guys still struggling to find themselves... Deep down they have no self confidence, but they try to play it off by developing (and imitating each other) with that awful, ass showing swagger... It really just screams out the opposite of what they're trying to get across...

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Beth said...

It's definitely true. I'm a college prof, and sometimes I actually have to make myself look a little less (good?) hot so that I'm not swanning myself all over the classroom ... NOT the reason I want my students to pay attention!

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous cjt said...

I had a Biology teacher who looked just like Julie Newmar and had been a Playboy Bunny too. It was difficult for her and all us guys sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home