Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Top 10 Signs You're a 20-Something

1. Your bank account a week after the first payday of the month reads $2.06.

2. You find yourself searching for other jobs. Not necessarily because you're unhappy, but because you are hoping someone will pay you $3,000 more a year to do "internet research." Also, while doing said "internet research" at your current job, you find you are Googling yourself.

3. You find yourself checking out hot guys, then are mortified when you realize they are probably 18. This is especially bad while driving by the Georgetown University campus.

4. A good portion of your morning is dedicated to emailing and IMing with your friends, sometimes creating threads up to 75 messages long. Thank God for gmail.

5. Speaking of, any cool 20-something has a gmail account. And Facebook. And Friendster. It's all about connections. And stalking ability.

6. You are constantly trying to "go out" and "meet new people" (aka hook up), but usually find yourself with the same two friends at the same bars complaining that there are no worthy prospects.

7. The contents of your fridge generally consist of: water, milk, beer, bread, ketchup, and some kind of fruit to pretend to be healthy. Even though it's probably moldy.

8. You belong to a gym. But you never go because you are too busy working, or too busy being hungover and grumbling about how after drinking all that beer, you should go to the gym.

9. You think you are too old to have random hook ups, and decree that there will be no more one night stands. But, when 2:30 am rolls around and you're looking at walking home alone, suddenly that doesn't seem like such a bad thing; you're still young, right?

10. You still get excited when you find that people are playing beer pong (or beirut) or flip cup. At least you can say you mastered something in college, and you remember it. Retention is key.


FYI: Kelly's Irish Times, the Angry Inch, and the Exchange all have flip cup. Phew!

7 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Blurred said...

The good old days....


nice list.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to bardc.com for you Angry Inch link. I put a link to your blog on the site. If you want to do something collaborative like a feature article on BarDC that links to your blog let me know. I like your site more than Washington Socialites now.

joe@bardc.com

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger roosh said...

None of these apply to me. awful list!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I'd have to say that a good 80% of these apply to me... ESPECIALLY numbers 8 & 10 :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Underused said...

I think this is more directed to early 20-somethings. As a late 20-something, let me respond:

1. By late 20's, you should be able to pay all your bills and still have some cash for the 401k or IRA.

2. Yes, always looking for better jobs.

3. I don't check out hot guys, but I certainly have no problem with 18 yo girls.

4. Yes on emailing.

5. I don't have a gmail or a friendster account, and I don't know what Facebook is - but I'm not exactly "with it."

6. I'm bitter and jaded - I don't want to meet new people. My current friends are fine. So we just go out and bitch about how annoying people are.

7. The contents of my fridge usually has at least one open bottle of white wine that I opened last night and will finish today, a bottle of Veuve saved for a special occasion, and leftover chinese.

8. I don't belong to a gym - but it's because I do work long hours and realized long ago that I will never use it.

9. Never really into random hookups to begin with, so no comment on this one.

10. I definitely do not get excited about drinking games. I also get pissed if I go to a party and keg beer is beast or natty lite, or anything of that quality.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont really agree...

1. Maybe in college but not since I have graduated.

2. Dont have time to google myself when I feel an urgent need to respond to your not so great blog.

3. I have a boyfriend unlike you.

4. I do have to agree with this one.

5. Nope, dont have nor do I want.

6. Nope, have a boyfriend and more than 2 friends.

7. I eat healthy. Dont eat bread or drink beer to many carbs.

8. I belong to the gym and go so I can wear white pants.

9. Nope, once again I have a boyfriend.

10. On occasion.

My conclusion is that you really need a boyfriend. I think he would help you with alot of your so-called "signs" of being 20-something becuase I only can relate to 2.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Thanks underused - I appreciate the comment and certainly agree that this would be for the younger 20s (and would like to note that I do contribute to a 401k)...however I do know a few 28 year olds who still enjoy a good game of beer pong. It must just be the inner frat boy in them. :)

Anon - I'm glad you have a bf and are happy. And of course I have more than two friends...however I don't tend to drag every one of my friends with me when I go out, who has time to get that many people together? Don't take things so seriously. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home