Friday, June 03, 2005

Weekend Blues - Turn That Frown Upside Down!

I assure you that soon I will have exciting stories to tell about my ventures out in the city. But as for this weekend, I am, *cough* out of comission (i.e. - sick) Thankfully, this didn't fall during Courage Cup or my upcoming visit to NYC. So while Sara is busy swooning handsome men all over D.C., I will be bundled up in my bed watching my Sex and the City Season Six on DVD.

Are you sick too? Woe is me! Let's have a pity party! Poor young ladies and gents try to have all the fun but just end up sick in bed for the weekend. Fear not! We can still make it fun:

  • Eat endless amounts of ice cream. It's not like you're going anywhere and need to look "hot" in your new top. (Participants will be wearing the ever so sexy extra large sweatpants and oversized t shirts, with a side of kleneex) Pile it on baby, now's the time to fullfill your sweet tooth, and make your throat feel better too!
  • When is the last time you got to watch Saturday Night Live? It's been a while, hasn't it? Snuggle up (with more ice cream) and indulge in an hour and a half of laughs and watch people like Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen Twins make fun of themselves.
  • Build a tent. What could be more fun than having your own secret spot to enjoy your little world. Use old sheets and hang them around your bed. Insert TV in tent, along with your favorite books, mags, and stuffed animals. There is nothing more enjoyable than "you" time.
  • Clean! Reorganize! Low activity can't hurt ya. Since we're all workoholics and love to go out and socialize, I bet plenty of us never have time to clean our rooms our apartments (I sure don't!) I've already started cleaning out my dresser and found some very interesting items: old graduation cards (FROM HIGHSCHOOL), trinkets from old boyfriends, and everything else that is old but compacted with a bit of sentimental memories.
  • Whip out old photo albums. I could spend hours going through my hundreds of pictures. (Add this item to the tent.)
  • And when all else fails, you can always blog! :-)

Cheers and enjoy - have a fab weekend no matter what you do!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

Watch my grass grow. Then watch my neighbor's grass grow (variety).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home