Friday, June 17, 2005

Weekend What?

So apparently I have decided that Wednesday and Thursday night are the new weekends. Seriously, what was I thinking? I am much too old for this.

I did have fun though. That's all that matters. On Wednesday "Brent" and I headed out to Dupont to check out the gay bar scene. We went by Cobalt and JR's - which had a decent crowd. It was a little disconcerting to be in a bar filled with men (many of whom were attractive), and not have any of them care that I was there. We did have a good time though.

Last night I enjoyed a late night drinkathon with some coworkers at Whitlow's in Arlington. It was quite the sausage fest, which was good for me (especially after being in a similar situation the night before, only this one was much more user friendly) - however being there with three guys did not help my case. Unfortunately none of my female friends could make it out last night, so I was stuck with the boys. Not that I don't love them.

It was entertaining though, I offered to help them by being the wingwoman and going up to girls and starting conversation so they would have an in. It actually did work out well for my friends. Then they were trying to get me to go hit on random guys. But really, you can't just go up to a group of four guys alone and be like "hello, I am here!" Really, what can a solo girl do? Is it weird for a girl to do that? Usually I let guys come to me, or if I'm with a friend we might strike up a random conversation with someone. It just depends on the situation I guess. G
uys, what do you think? Should we wait around looking pretty or be brazen and go for it - or is there a nice medium?

I will ponder this as well, but for now I'm off to get some lunch before I die. It's all about refueling for the next night. Though with all of the activities I'm debating on for Saturday (Courage Cup, Legwarmers concert in Falls Church and various other parties), I may be tempted to make this a Blockbuster night.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Natty G said...

I probably wouldn't do the solo pick-up on a group of 4 guys. However, you should definitely go up solo if its 2 (or maybe even 3) guys, or if you have a wingwoman.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

Aaaaactually - there's a good Mink Event party tonight at Spank. Save Blockbuster for Sunday. www.minkevents.com. I hear you though. Two nights in a row of 3am or later, plus having to get up for work. I'm definitely dragging this afternoon. Thank goodness for gatorade, the hangover cure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home