Thursday, July 14, 2005

Another of Sara's Target Tales



Ok, I swear I can not go into a target without some kind of story coming out if it!

So I recently broke my blowdryer and before getting ready to hit up the A-Town bars last night, I ran out to Target to get a new one. Well anyone who knows me knows that I have a severe spending problem. I can never run out anywhere and get just one thing. (I've tried to stop this madness, it just doesn't work...) So I figured I'd check out the latest CDs and maybe get a new sports bra as I'm getting into yoga... maybe some yoga pants as well. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. Oh wait... where was I? ;-)

Story 1

So first of all I'm checking out the sports bras which happen to be in the same vicinity as the panties section. And in the panties section there are two girls holding this conversation:

G1: Well I want to get something cute and new for tonight... I really need to do laundry.
G2: Oh, well you can't go wrong with a thong!
G1: No, he's not into thongs... He-- (gets cut off by G2)
G2: How about some one of these lacy boyshort things? Maybe I'll get some too, I love these.
G1: Well, ok don't laugh ok? The thing is... (and I am not lying, she REALLY said this) for some reason he really likes high-waisted granny panties.
G2: (busts out laughing... she even snorted...) (at the same time I choked on my gum...)

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because I didn't want to laugh out loud at this girl so I walked away. But how funny is that? Honestly, is this normal? Do boys really like high-waisted granny panties? Or did this girl happen to hook up with him one time, unexpectedly, and was unprepared and wearing granny panties - so he reassured her that he liked them in order to make her feel better?

Anyhow, I was chuckling to myself all the way until:

Story 2

I was picking out my new blowdryer when a couple walked down the same aisle, holding hands. The girlfriend starts considering all of the brush choices. I glance over because I'm thinking about how much I also need a new round brush. The boyfriend looks at me and gives me the looking up and down once over - and smiles. (Not just a friendly, "hi" smile... A "I'm really enjoying checking you out behind my girlfriend's back" smile... You know there's a difference)

Ok, first of all, I was not looking hot... at all. We're talking mesh shorts and baggy, faded t-shirt. And they were not cute little short shorts or anything either. So what the hell is wrong with this guy? He risked getting caught checking out another girl who wasn't even looking cute. Stupid, stupid... In my opinion.

Second of all, how rude. Not to me (although I could say that too), but to his girlfriend. I understand that boys and girls always notice attractive members of the opposite sex. But is it really necessary to blatantly stare at one when you're out somewhere with a significant other? I once dated someone who would check out just about every pretty girl who walked by when we were out... and then discuss the girls (sometimes in great length) with his friends, again, right in front of me. I think it's so rude. I could care less if a guy does it when we aren't out together (so long as looking is all that occurs) - because I'm doing the same thing when I'm out without the guy. But when a guy and a girl are out together, I think it's very unnecessary and can sometimes be hurtful. Of course you'll still notice hot members of the opposite sex - but who needs to concentrate on them when you're out with someone you supposedly really care about?

And this brings me to

Story 3

This is non-Target related. But I was just browsing on
City Sparkle and read Asian Mistress' Friendly Post. A quote from the post is "Friendship is a fickle thing. I completely agree with Circle V about the "seasons of friendship" - and also with Sara who was wondering, when is it really over, how much can you apologize?" (This is referring to my previous Excuse Me While I Put My Foot In My Mouth post.)

Well here's a quick update on that situation. While my apology to that friend still stands (I know when I've messed up), I've also come to the realization that this 'friend' is a humongous hypocrite. You know the saying... People in glass houses should not throw stones. I simply can not understand why someone would be so cold to a person for making a mistake when they themselves have done PLENTY of thoughtless, hurtful things that were forgiven/overlooked. But it's whatever. We are all aware that some people are good at dishing out what they themselves can not handle it in return.


Can you tell by the length of this post that I'm not getting any work done today? (Woops...)

6 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Are you just trying to get me to post? haha... Seriously, staring right at you with his girl standing there? A guy who does that should expect a quick knee to the stomach - or lower. I can't think of a fitting physically-harmful punishment for a girl that does that... any help?

Oh, and there's nothing sexy about granny panties. I don't go all extra slobbery over a girl in a thong as opposed to regular underwear, but the complete opposite end of the spectrum just isn't cute. Maybe the guy has a grandma fetish? Or maybe I should stop coming up with thoughts like that until after lunch...

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Um, I'm just going to chime in that despite what I-66 says, no man deserves to be hit in the crotch, ever.

Secondly, you can not go wrong with thongs. I would love to shake the hand of whoever invented those. Brilliant invention.

And yet, I immensly dislike Cisqo, go figure.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Hahaha love it! And thanks for the update on your friend situation. Love ya see ya laterrrr!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

that guy clearly had no tact and deserves to be slapped. he must not respect his girlfriend very much.

anyway, have you become a fan of the $1.00 displays at Target? It sucks you in and makes you believe that you really do need a polka-dot shower cap and post-it notes shaped like a beer stein. but what the hell, it only costs $1 !

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Kingsmith34 said...

Thongs and those little boy shorts are the best. I would rather drive sharp objects into my eyes, than have a girlfriend that wears "granny panties".Oh yeah, nothing is also pretty hot

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kingsmith34 said...

Thongs and those little boy shorts are the best. I would rather drive sharp objects into my eyes, than have a girlfriend that wears "granny panties".Oh yeah, nothing is also pretty hot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home