Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bad Day Getting Worse

Sometimes I feel that we literally wake up on the wrong side of the bed, which defines the way our day is going to go. I didn't wake up on the wrong side today, I woke up completely off of it, and my day has been getting worse by the minute.

I'll start with my finances. I haven't gotten paid in a while and today is my payday. I have been looking forward to going to the bank since the beginning of the week to drop off my blessed paycheck and spend tonight shopping. Alas, I realized during my commute to work that I had forgotten my wallet at home with all my ID's, my check card, money, everything. Miserable. I am crossing my fingers that the bank will at least let me deposit my money, that is if I even get there today.

So I decided to give my mom a ring this morning. Come to find out, her house was vandalized last night, by a gang. What.The.Fuck. This is not the ghetto - this is classy Northern Virginia suburbia I am talking about. My uncle's house next door got it as well. And my cousin's car. And the other neighbors in the pipestem. Spray paint and gang symbols all over the houses and cars. Cops are currently investigating....

I knew it was going to be a bad day today and it started last night. I had set plans all week to watch the Real World (It's soooo good this season.) I saw the clock hit 9:45 p.m., and the next thing I know I wake up at 12 a.m. I missed Real World. Unbelieveable. It was all downhill from there.

All of this and it's only 9:21 a.m. Holy hell.

I'm feeling about as miserable as the French people right now, who just lost the 2012 Olympic site to London. Ouch.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Yikes about the bad day sweetie! But bad things happen in threes:

1) slept through real world
2) forgot wallet
3) vandalism

So, you're done with bad luck for the day! It can only get better!

xoxo

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Sara's right... later on you're gonna find something like $500 on the ground.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Haha thanks! Let's hope that is the case!!! I know my problems don't look that big, but hey, its the little things that count, isnt it?! Is any having a GOOD day?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Elvis said...

Could be worse. You could be dating Tom Cruise. YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! (I had to do that.)

Sorry about the day from hell. NoVA, as you realize, is a mixed bag. You could be in awesome Annandale, or you could be across the street in ghetto-fabulous Annandale. Same for Fairfax, Vienna, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home