Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Blogs...So Hot Right Now.

Hello to the blogging world! As you can tell, I am a new edition to the Butterfly Network and I am very excited. I am good friends with Sara and Lil, and I have a problem…a blog problem. I never thought I would be one to get into this whole online diary thing, but it is so addictive. I am an intern at a pretty prestigious place, but they really don’t have much for me to do so I just sit at my desk and pretend like I am doing something. When in all actuality I am looking up celebrity gossip and constantly checking blogs. I have slowly weaned myself into this whole craze, but now I am officially addicted.

Last night I had the girls over for some wine and cheese and of course I got wasted. When I am drunk I think of the most random things and think it is a genius idea or thought, which needs much discussion. Now, I have turned those thoughts into “blog entry” ideas. So as I was washing my face I thought that an interesting blog would be to write about how different make up products affect your skin. I literally ran out of the bathroom with soap and water dripping down my face and told Lil my "ingenious" idea for a blog. A) that is just an AWFUL idea for a blog and B) why have all my thoughts turned into blog ideas? What is wrong with me?

Anyways, so my main thought for this blog, is why are blogs so popular and why am I addicted? Is it because I am just not intellectually stimulated at work by which I sit at a computer desk reading random dribble for 5 hours a day? Or is it really going to be a passion of mine to continue writing excerpts on my life and read about others?
Another thing that baffles me is that people take the time to write these witty and quirky blogs and then they come to find comments by their readers who absolutely destroy their whole blog with ruthless comments about it. People are writing and putting up these blogs for everyone’s source of entertainment and there are people out there who are just so harsh. Is it necessary to be that rude? Does that give you satisfaction to leave such mean comments? I understand that everyone has different opinions from one another, but there is no need to attack them for their thoughts. I know you are all thinking, mean comments are there for a reason because that is how you get into discussing more on the issue at hand, but I am talking about the comments that call the writer a “Bitch” or something along those lines. That is just unnecessary, how can you call someone a bitch when you don’t even know a person?

From reading all the mean comments out there that people say, I do have another issue with Blogs and that is the fact that I always get nervous after everything I post. It can either be after a blog entry or even a comment. I am just waiting for someone to tear me apart about either my thoughts or comments, which isn’t good at all.

So as this furthers my career in the blog world, I hope you all enjoy my thoughts and try and keep the mean comments to a minimal! As you can tell I am not a big fan of those.;)

10 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

welcome aboard!

I know what you mean as far as snide remarks. I don't pay much attention to it, those folks aren't worth the energy. Don't let it get to ya!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Welcome, Miss Celebutante! We are so happy to have you!

We tend to get pretty friendly readers, but sometimes there are those who just feel they need to leave a rude remark. Pay no mind to them, they have nothing better to say!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Welcome welcome! We are so excited to have ya working with us :)

Personally, I laugh when we get nasty comments... everyone's entitled to their own opinions, and when they're jerks about it - those comments sometimes drive more traffic our way :)

But we do have some fantastic regular readers who always have intelligent comments to make which more than balance out the negatives!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Since you put so much into what you write...it's hard to hear the negative remarks. But, it's all part of life - you can't please everyone! Besides...it's just a blog! :)

Good luck Miss C!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger The Brunette said...

Celebutante? Ha! nice name =)

The Blackberry Debs welcome you to the blogosphere, and from one former intern who had nothing to do all day but read celebrity gossip and blogs to another, I salute you.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

My thoughts: Comments are good because it lets you know people are reading what you write (why make the effort if no one wants to tune in?). You can ignore any negative comments written by 'anonymous.' If the person can't put a name to the comment, he/she is clearly too chicken to stand behind what was said. Besides, being in the Butterfly Network automatically gives you two additional people to back you up!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger The Celebutante said...

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome! I am very excited to start my new blogging life :) Thanks again!

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Addition."

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Celebutante seems like an interesting writer.. great addition to this blog.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

When I am drunk I think of the most random things and think it is a genius idea or thought

I do this all the time. It's funny to laugh about the next day.

As far as negative comments goes, I've had my fair share of bashing due to the details I posted about my unconventional life in the past. It was a way for me to vent, but then I realized I was getting over 250 people a day reading. I had to curb what I said at that point.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that you'll get them every now and then. Just take it with a grain of salt.

I've been blogging for about a year, but I am also new to the DC blogging circuit, so welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home