Friday, July 08, 2005

Breaking News: I'm Moving to NYC!



I know TBN has done a lot of shifting lately, and we are about to do some more! I would like to announce that I, Lil DC Diva, will be relocating to permanently live in New York City in two weeks! Eeek...I know, scary yet very thrilling at the same time!

I've grown up in the DC area. Having lived here for most of my life, I can't say I've seen it all, but I sure have seen a lot. The fact that my life is about to uproot and I have to say goodbye to those very near and dear to me in a short period of time is quite overwhelming! I am leaving my family, my friends, basically my entire life, and I am doing this all by myself. I'm scared, honestly.

I will never betray my hometown. I will always be a faithful follower of the Redskins and Nationals. And of course, I will never betray the DC blogosphere. I won't be going anywhere blog-wise, just physically relocating for work purposes, and I am very excited!

I will now get to blog about my new experiences in a 'foreign' city, and share them with everyone else. And not to worry, the 'Lil DC Diva' name will stay! (In no way do I have a right to call myself a NYC Diva!)

For now, until the big move, I will start my 'Farewell DC' postings.

I am sorry that I still haven't gotten a chance to meet many of you DC bloggers, but perhaps in the next two weeks we could arrange for a happy hour of some sorts? Blogging has become a passionate part of my life, and sharing my opinions and feelings with you all has been a liberating experience in itself.


So, as I began my two week long departure of goodbyes, please know that although I am spreading my wings and discovering a new city, DC will always have my heart ~ I am going to miss everything and everyone more than I can imagine.

20 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sara said...

We'll miss you Lil! But, of course, you know I'll be up to NYC all the time :-) I'm so happy for you!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

and dont forget to eat hot dogs from the street vendors every other day!


:p

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

We love you and will have a kickass going away party...and will def be up to visit the Big Apple for 5th Ave fun etc... :)

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will all miss you so much, especially me, but I know you are going to do great things:) We will all be up there to vist baby!!! Congrats!!!!!!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Elvis said...

Godspeed Lil DC Diva. Money says you end up in Brooklyn. Maybe Williamsburg. Wherever you find yourself, have a great time. As one of my Manhattan capos say, "This... is the promised land."

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous gran said...

Your dreams are coming true... and the tables have turned.. I will be the one in the shoe box or the one taking care of your kids one day.. haha.. Love you gran, im so proud of you.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Actually Elvis, I got a place in Manhattan :-)

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buh Bye...and good luck.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger The Celebutante said...

I am going to miss you so much Lil! I can't wait to visit you! I am so glad all your dreams are coming true :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger roosh said...

this place has a higher turnover rate

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sara said...

DCB... did you not read the post? perhaps you skimmed the part where Lil says (and I quote) "I won't be going anywhere blog-wise". :-)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger roosh said...

still, she'll be in NYC. won't be the same. now you have to make this an east coast blog

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

DCB: It can be a DC meets NYC blog...compare and contrast. Highs and lows. Dating dos and don'ts. I think it would be cool to get both views - since NYC and DC are so accessible to each other and people frequent both cities. Unlike LA or Chicago where it is harder to get there on a semi regular basis.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

That's right, won't be the same, will be BETTER and more diverse. Just think - a native DC girl in an unfamiliar city learning, growing, and sharing her new experiences with the rest of the DC bloggers, at the same time, her own blog will still have local members sharing their own personal DC experiences. Brilliant! :-)

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

best of luck, Lil DC Diva.

sheesh, I feel compelled to now type out your whole name instead of something shorter (such as DC Diva) as SOMEone has done something to make me think they're similar in title...

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck in the Big Apple. But most of all be safe.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Oh how I love NYC! I am a NY girl by birth.....and a transplant to DC. You'll love it there. Good luck!

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so i am a tard who does not understand the phenomenon begind the "blog" nor am i really sure what it is... but have fun in ny!!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Texas Cutie said...

How exciting!! Good luck in the Big Apple!

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

Welcome to the Big Apple. Just remember the motto: "Our city can kick your city's ass."

No, I'm not kidding. That's the actual motto.

You already missed the first NYC Blogger get-together, but I'm sure there'll be more.

Will you be changing the blog name now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home