Monday, July 11, 2005

Damn Pink Panty Droppers

Lil and I made a trip down south for her boy's birthday party this past weekend. And it was (from what I remember) a fantastic time.

Friday night it was just Lil & I, plus her boy and a bunch of his visiting fraternity brothers. (Great ratio, I know.) We went out to a place called Cheeseburger in Paradise, got drunk (obviously) and had a good time (again, obviously - Lil & I have fun where ever we are!). Of course spending the night at Lil's boy's place WAS a little bit like sleeping at a frat house, but Lil & I are fairly laid back about such things and went with the flow. (Plus, thankfully, one of the roommates gave up his bed for me...)

Saturday was a little bit crazier. The birthday boy's parents actually hosted the big birthday bash in their huge, super nice house with a big back yard & pool. A lcohol supplied included a keg, 6-8 cases, a bunch of handles and an ice luge.

The party was scheduled to begin around 5:30 or so, but a lot of people weren't slated to arrive until around 9 or 10. Needless to say, the group of us who were already there began drinking around 4. Oh, and I forgot to mention that they made a punch called Pink Panty Droppers. While everyone else decided to start drinking beer, I decided to start drinking the punch. It was delicious. Tasted just like pink lemonade and not like alcohol at all. (There was a bunch of alcohol in it, but I can not give out the recipe... However, according to the Asian Mistress, they definitely added some peruvian liquor that is illegal in the US!)

Lil warned me about the punch... but I have this bad tendency not to listen to people when I'm drinking. Other than a few games of beer pong (of which I'm appalled to admit I won NONE), the Pink Panty Droppers Punch was all that I drank. And it was (to maintain my alliteration run) particularly potent.

To make a long story short(er) I will just say that from about 4-9:30 I had a wonderful time. By 9:30 (or 10) when a lot of people showed up, there was no punch left (thanks mostly to yours truly) and I was passed out in bed. The Pink Panty Droppers Punch turned me into quite the party pooper and I completely missed the second half of a kickass party. Woops! I missed hanging out with a bunch of people that I would have enjoyed chatting with... Including Lil's lil sis and Asian Mistress...

Better luck next time? Only if there's no Pink Panty Droppers Punch... It's too good to pass up, regardless of how early it might make somebody (aka me) pass out!

4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

If anyone is interested know why PPD is so incredibly potent, it includes: handle of aristocrat, lots of beer, ginger ale, pink lemonade, and fruit - all mixed up into one giant bowl. There is a reason I warned Sara about this - but she had to find out herself!

*What she did miss later when we ran out of the pink panties was the new drink concocted by about 20 frat boys, I think it looked like pond scum or gasoline but taste delicious - and at this time, was 10 times more pontent!!

(I didn't drink any of it!)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Missed you Sara!!!

Yeah the later concoction contained the illegal liquor. Oh goodness...

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

those Peruanos apparently know how to make liquor.. who knew?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger midwest_hick said...

Hopefully you weren't wearing 'pink panties'.....lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home