Friday, July 08, 2005

Excuse me while I put my foot in my mouth

I am normally pretty conscientious of other peoples' feelings (perhaps because I am rather sensitive about things myself - I can admit it). However, sometimes (and, this is rare) I'm an airhead and do/say things that unintentionally hurt other people.

This happened recently. I did something that seems to really have hurt a friend's feelings and now that friend seems to be phasing me out of their life. I feel horrible about it. And I've apologized as much as possible. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be good enough. And there are only so many times that I can say sorry or admit to being a jerk without beginning to feel as though I'm being redundant and the meaning behind the words seems false.

Perhaps this friend just needs some time to cool off... Perhaps the friendship's as good as over. I guess I'll just have to wait and see... But I've done all I can.

And it's Friday :-) The perfect day to drink all troubles away! Have a great weekend everyone, I certainly will. Ciao

11 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

what happened?? you can't just say half a story

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

Bono will be your friend... if you forgive African debt. I also hear Arnold Schwarzenegger will be your friend if you stop catering to the special interests.

Well, you did everything you could. Sometimes, you just gotta let it go when friends downshift your friendship.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Texas Cutie said...

Just her it some time to cool down and call in a couple weeks and throw out a dinner request, on you. If accepted, just go with it and maybe you'll never need to talk about it again. If not, ask if there is anything you can do to reconcile the situation. If not, it really sucks but it would be time to accept their decision and let things go.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a while for a friend to forgive you for stealing her boyfriend.

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

me: nice portrait. woman is real ugly though.

her: slap. thats my mom.

me: :(

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Sara said...

fyi it had nothing to do with the stealing of anyone's boyfriend!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Sara, I recently had something happen between between a good friend and I that caused her to question our friendship... we talked it out and squared things up and, after a little less me for a while things are back to normal. True friends won't let minor incidents get between friendship.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Sometimes people just grow apart though...I had a little fight with one of my best friends...wasn't even really a "fight" - but anyway...we didn't talk for 2 months after it - and though we talk now, it's definitely not the same. We had been best friends all through college and roommates for two years...and now it's just weird. So...try later and see what happens...but if you try and she doesn't respond, then you know. Love ya!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sara said...

This happened with a guy friend. Is there a difference in how to handle these things depending on if it's with a boy or a girl?

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Generally there are gender-related differences in how these things are handled but I think it's better to look at it on a person to person basis. You know this person and I don't, and I'd gladly entertain you with a "how would you react..." situation but you seem not to want to put too much info out there - can't blame you for that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home