Monday, July 11, 2005

For the Love of Heels



Ahh heels...I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I feel as if they are the most beautiful looking shoe out there, and they have been for many decades, but damn they make your feet hurt like hell.

Wearing heels, makes any woman feel more in power and confident with their self. Since working in DC this summer I have noticed that women who wear high heels have their head held high and they definitely have a more prominent strut compared to women wearing flats. Personally, I am an avid high heel shoe kind of girl. Every day I wear them. I refuse to wear flats. I don't necessarily hate flats, but I just feel so much more put together in a pair of heels. Flats are very cute, but I feel they are not for business attire. Since I wear heels everyday, I have started to bring flip flops to commute in. As soon as I put those on, I feel like my outfit sucks and I hope that no one I know sees me. Once my heels are back on, I am so confident with my outfit and look, I decide that at the end of the day I will refuse to put on my flip flops for the commute home. I go through this routine everyday.

My number one thing that I love about heels, is the fact that they make every outfit look so much better. You could be wearing jeans and just a plain cotton shirt... Throw on a pair of heels and BAM! You have yourself a great outfit to go out in.

Heels also make everyone's' legs look so long and lean...If there is a shoe that can do that for a women, I don't understand why I don't see every single woman wearing them. I know that they are uncomfortable, but honestly you get used to them. I say if they can make an outfit, then just suck it up. Think of all the women out there who wear them as well, their feet are hurting, but they also know that their outfit looks so much better and are more confident with themselves.

Personally, heels are the best accessory a woman can have...So if you are not a big fan, go out and by yourself a great pair and just give them a shot. After a week, you will understand. :) Here are some of my favorite places to get fabulous heels: :)
Bandolino
Nine West
Nordstrom
J. Crew
Steve Madden

9 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Amen sista! Heels make the outfit :-) I will sacrifice a bit of high-heeled pain to look cute in my outfit any day!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I heart heels. People are always shocked when they see how truly short I am!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have heard of the legendary fuck me pumps.

can u post a pic?

thanks.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about those clear heeled stripper shoes?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

I swear by Steve Maddens!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger The Celebutante said...

anon 2- no those are just trashy! Sorry :)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

i really should own stock in bandolino i own so many. also, madeline shoes has great designs!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger AMS said...

I go through the same agony with my flip flops daily. I end up not wearing them home cos they look so bad with my work outfit and end up crippled by the time I get to my busstop which is about a 20 min walk from work. My poor tootsies are in tears by the time I reach home:(

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger The Celebutante said...

I KNOW! ohh the sacrifices we take to look good on a daily basis :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home