Monday, July 04, 2005

July 4th Traffic Report

Well, not that anyone but me should really care. I am probably one of the only people in the United States who has to work today. But regardless, here I am!

Today I choose to drive to work, knowing that traffic and parking would be a breeze. I slept in too, which was a blessing in itself.

As I came across the GW Parkway, about to cross over the Memorial Bridge, I halted in front of two cop cars blocking my passage to work.

What's a girl to do?

Flirt with the cute cops, of course!

I stopped and chatted for a few minutes, blocking traffic (oh well where else were we to go?). They even gave me new navigation tips on how I can better get around today in my car (without going over the blocked bridge.) One officer had the sweetest southern accent, which made me melt further in my seat with every word that escaped from his mouth.

I eventually thanked them and said my goodbyes, and thanked the Lord for a great start to my day! (Normally a detour would violently piss me off, but today, I paid no mind.)

So, today's traffic report? Sunny with a chance of no traffic, but lots of detours. You can't cross over the Memorial Bridge, but you sure can stop and talk to the cute cops, where they will happily direct you to another route.

Happy 4th!

5 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cleveland Park Men's Club said...

Will we be seeing any butterflies fluttering around at the CPMC Party?

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger V said...

Girl, I am working, too. Hope you enjoy lots of fun tonight though! Happy 4th!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hi Lil! I miss you! Hope you have a great day :)

V- sorry you have to work like Lil! Get out and have a few when you're off :)

CPMC - I'm out of town but WISH that I could be at your party! I'm looking forward to your pics :)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Have fun everyone!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

what the hell are you working for (question applies to V)?

Effing Communists. Or at least your companies are. What kind of company makes employee's work on Fourth of July. The Taliban, that's who.

Well, sorry you all have to work. I was at the Nat's game. Sucky. They lost. I sat next to an obnoxious Mets fan and kept telling him to shut the fuck up (even if he was a buddy... fucking bastard). Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home