Monday, July 18, 2005

Say It To My Face

I'm probably one of the nicest, most genuine people I know. Sometimes I find that I am so nice people take advantage of me. But with five days left living here, a new bitchier me has surfaced, and I like it. I've never liked to deal with BS, but I have found that every once in a while we all have to deal with it, and I choose to deal with it immediately and move on.

So this past weekend, while hanging out with all my favorite people and friends, in my honor of course because I am leaving, I found out that two supposed dear friends rolled their eyes at me after a comment or something I had said while in the middle of a game of
flip cup.

I didn't see it, but someone else sure did catch it, and let me know.

Now, normally I don't care what people think about me, because I am the captain of my own ship, and I steer in the direction of my choice. Normally I choose not to get into the nitty and gritty, but when two friends ROLL their eyes at you for reasons you aren't aware of a week before you move and your entire life changes, its a problem.

Whatever their reason may be for their immature actions, eye rolling is totally inappropriate in my book. First of all, if you have a problem with me and you are my friend, please address the issue with me in a respectable manner. And if you don't have the balls to at least do that, roll your eyes so that I may see you do it, and bask in the humor of your pettiness and insecurity.

And you know what, I am not trying to stab at my friends through a blog or hide my face behind my computer. They might read this and I really don't care if they do or not. I addressed the issue to their faces almost as soon as I found out and handled it in a respectable manner, something that they failed to do. And with my departure in a less than a week and my emotions boiling inside, I can assure you that their eye rolling made me question who really does matter, because I would never EVER do that to someone I call my friend.

19 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Tasha said...

I hate when people roll their eyes too! It's so rude...And I totally agree when you point out the whole issue of just talking about the problem!

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Washington Cube said...

It's horrible to learn the truth about alleged friends this way. Some send-off, huh? That one little act of theirs will color every perception you have of them from that time forward.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sara said...

It's just so ridiculous.

Fine. If you're a stranger and you hear a comment that you don't agree with, randomly, you might roll your eyes about it to a friend. Everyone does it.

But, if you're someone's friend and you don't have a problem rolling your eyes at them behind their back (ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE ABOUT TO MOVE AWAY AND YOU'RE OUT TO SPEND TIME WITH HER BEFORE SHE LEAVES) then perhaps you're not quite the good friend you claim to be.

Um, and on a side note: it is NEVER appropriate to pull someone else's shirt down at a bar. EVER.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Rock on, Girl, where ever the move is taking you! By the way, I don't think it is "bitchy" for you to confront friends who are dissing you--I think it is respectable and courageous!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

And the more I think about it, the fact that they rolled their eyes together in unison, makes me think they have been trashing me plenty beforehand. Ouch.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Eye rolling sucks; however, flip cup is great.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger sprtsjunkie said...

I agree it is very rude. Sometimes you just grow up and realize who your real friends are. Good luck with your move.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Yuck. Sorry. Sometimes though, I roll my eyes without any harmful intentions...but that sounds pretty intentional. I love ya Lil DC D...and I'm sorry I couldn't hang this weekend....Wednesday aahhhhhh!!!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm.. I'm pretty sure getting this upset about eye-rolling (insert gasp) falls a tad bit short of mature too. (shrug)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Anon - I am by no means upset over this. Like I said, I dealt with it and moved on. It was just surprising that it came from two good friends the night we were out to celebrate my departure and a few days before I move. How the hell would you feel?

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you confronted them and moved on, why did you come home and write a long post about it?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Isn't that what a blog is, anon?
:-) It's an online journal, so thats what I was doing :-) :-) Also to point out the fact that eye rolling is disrespectful to do to a so called friend.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very immature to write a story about this...if you confronted them and they said sorry then whats the big deal? Also you were obviously drinking so that may have had something to do with it...think about it!

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch... that can really hurt someone when thinking that after an apology and saying that everything is okay.. and hanging out with that person afterwards with nothing else to say about that.. they would think that everything is fine from the night before.. but saying supposed friend and think they have talked trash to you previously is going a little far.. if you know these people and are good friends with them.. why would they do that to you? (after an apology.. which you accpected) This can really hurt someones feeling thinking that the situation is over and still having these feelings of being "disrespected" After all.. it was an "eye roll," and they did apology.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clearly you all are the culprits, so why did you roll your eyes anyway?! you started it and she was clearly hurt!!!

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like it was stated.. the apologize was given.. and said.. if they did it or not.. which they wouldn't know why they would...so if the apologize was given and accepted.. why is it still an issue?

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Sara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the gayest thing iver ever seen...how old are you all?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Sara said...

i deleted my post. woops. i was drunk! what can ya do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home