Monday, July 11, 2005

Sisterly Love


Ahhh..The Hilton sisters...but it's safe to say Paris and Nikki lead very different lifestyles!

Ah, the joy and bliss of having a sibling. Many of you know how it feels. I have one younger sister, a twenty-year-old spunk of fun and energy. Now I don't know what it feels like to be the youngest, but I sure know what its like to be the oldest: the leader of the pack, the bossy one, the one who the parents are more strict on. And the youngest child? The spoiled one, the baby, the one that can do no wrong.

My sister and I have a pretty strong bond, being only two years apart. We definitely have our sisterly fights, but when it comes down to, the love we have for each other beats out everyone else.

Recently I've begun to notice a peculiar pattern in my sister. Maybe it's always been there and I'm just starting to notice now, or maybe its a more recent occurrence, but whatever the reason, it has me a little concerned.

She copies everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I do. Check this out:

Little sis transferred to my university, joined my sorority, lives in my old apartment with my old room and bed, changed her major (Fashion Design) to mine (Media), and has flings with my old flames. (EW)

This past weekend we both attended a party where many of our mutual friends would be. Sissy ended up making out with a guy I used to date in college, and neither he or she paid no mind! I was practically disgusted. I stay FAR away from her old men, how dare she step into MY territory? Do I have reason to be pissed about this!?

Everything seemed to come together at that point. She is literally following my footsteps. Is it cute? Not to me. I want her to be her own person. Or maybe its the fact that we are very similar people with similar tastes, but regardless, the line was crossed.

Some say I should be honored that little sissy aspires to be like me. She looks up to me. Everything I do to her is probably safe and familiar, which is why she follows it. But following the same men? Now that's just strange.

Of course we didn't fight or argue about it, I was just like, ew, sis, you can do better. There is a reason I'm not dating this person anymore, so why would I want you to go through the same thing?

I know she is young and having fun, but I wish she would just break away and do something that I haven't done yet. I'd like to see her be more of an individual instead of a follower. I know she still has a lot more growing and learning to do, but how will she learn something for herself if she continues to copy me?

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I know it's creepy for me to hook up with someone that my SORORITY sister did, not to mention my REAL sister...I think that at some point, every younger sibling will try to copy the older one - but at a certain point you do have to go your own path and make your own decisions.

Of course, I am an only child - so what do I know about sibling situations? :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Yeah, one of my younger sisters, Liz, followed in my footsteps as well. Same college, same sorority, same dance team... etc etc.

but we've always drawn the line with boys. we have some similar tastes but she's never been into someone that i've previously dated.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Swamp Pundette said...

I'd imagine having my little sisters join my sorority would be awesome, though the old flings thing is creepy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home