Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Who does that?

OK, so you've obviously lived on Mars for the past 20 years if you're a woman and haven't grown up being told, repetitively, not to get in cars with strangers... particularly boy strangers.

It's dangerous. You never know who they really are or what they're up to, or what they're going to do to you. I mean, seriously, you might have to be the dumbest person around if you think it's ok to take rides from strangers.

The reason for that little rant is this:

My best friend, Jon, and three other guy friends were walking back to their car from a bar late one night (maybe two weekends ago... sometime recently). And they walked by a chick walking by herself. (Mistake #1 sweetie... Do NOT walk around DC by yourself late at night...)
So Jon, being the sweetheart that he is (obviously he's a sweetheart, he's my best friend of over 11 years and you know I wouldn't put up with anything else) - plus he was hammered - asks her if she wants to hang out and party with them. And she said yes. She'd never seen these guys before, it's late at night and she's by herself. What an idiot.

Not only does she proceed to walk with them, she GOT IN A CAR WITH THEM. (Mistake #2... could have been fatal, you idiot.) She went back to a house with them and partied well into the morning. Then, when my friends left, she stayed and hung out with the guy, Erik, whose house it was.

I mean, she got lucky. My guy friends are stand up guys, who respect girls (for the most part) and a girl would never have to worry for her safety around them. BUT she did not know that.

Brianne, Jon, Erik and I went out on Saturday night... and she came out as well. She's not that cute and certainly not very bright. While out, I watched her latch onto another completely random guy. Maybe 20 minutes later she was acting as though they'd been best friends for years... best friends with benefits that is...

Eventually the rest of us left to go to a party elsewhere. At around 3, while waiting for a cab, she found us at a random house in Georgetown. Seriously... can we say psycho? At first she got in to the cab to come out with us, but then jumped out suddenly on a corner, all upset because Erik left the bar without saying goodbye to her earlier in the night. (Note, I know for a fact that he didn't want her and could have cared less if she came back with us...)

And again, although feeble attempts were made to tell her it was unsafe, she was walking alone late at night, on the streets in Georgetown. I guess it's a habit of hers.

Seriously, honey... could you be more stupid?

12 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger DC Girls said...

I can't believe people still do that. Was she on something or really just that dumb?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Nope, she was really just that dumb. Although I do believe she was on something when I met her on Saturday. Regardless, I can't get over how stupid that is.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Hell, I won't even let someone I don't know IN my car, much less get in someone else's... Clearly the elevator doesn't go all the way up with her. Sketchy...

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

I heard that a woman got brutally mugged in Cleveland Park last Monday or Tuesday on Porter & Quebec streets (where the synagogue is). I haven't been able to find anything about it in the papers, but just be aware that we're preyed upon even in the "nicer" neighborhoods. Did anyone else hear about this?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

This isn't college...and even if it was - I still wouldn't do it. She sounds desperate for attention - and it's gonna get her hurt.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Dutchess said...

albeit overpublicized - look at Natalee Holloway. I thought she was a smart girl. I guess we all need to try to help our friends from their dumb moments.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger cuff said...

What's the point of buying a bitching camaro then if you can't expect a random woman to join you in those low-slung bucket seats?

Seriously, though, this woman seems like she has more problems beyond being *ahem* stupid. Sounds like serious emotional/mental issues where she has no regard for her personal safety.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Robin said...

What a freak. Seeing as how she latches on to random guys, I think that she has some "issues" to say the least. FREAKBOX!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger RHB said...

Let me go hang out with these andom drunk dudes getting behind a wheel of a car. What an awesome idea!

Classy girl.

Hats off to your friends though for looking out for her. However, I recommend calling a cab next time.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Tasha said...

I guess she's never heard of Natalie Holloway...

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MPL --

I also heard about the mugging. It's not the first time someone has been attacked on that corner. It's dark and there are a lot of places to lurk. Late at night, it's very deserted. Don't walk there at night -- even with a friend. The woman was with someone else when she was attacked.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger AMS said...

its sad to say but she isn't going to learn her lesson until something happens to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home