Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Guess what happened at the lake yesterday!

..........................DRUMROLL PLEASE..........................

Nothing. Yeah, sorry to disappoint but yesterday was just a boring run. That's it. The most exciting part was maybe when I forgot to keep my mouth firmly shut when running through an area, coming out of the woods, where there are always like a zillion gnats flying everywhere... And I swallowed a few of them {shudder}... But I hear they're a source of protein, right?

Anyway, I heard on the Hot 99.5 Hollywood Hotsheet this morning that British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen (a.k.a. Ali G) came in through the ocean on a turtle flotation device (or something of that manner). He was dressed as Kazakhstani TV reporter and he tackled Pamela Anderson during her dogs' wedding at the beach. He was promptly thrown back into the ocean by security.

OK, sorry that you got knocked over Pam... but I think that the thing that bothers me most about this is the fact that she was marrying her dogs. Am I out of the loop? Does this happen a lot? Because to me, it's just ridiculous. Come on. Pam's golden retriever, Star, tied the knot with her Chihuahua, Luca.

"Pammy, 38, carried 'groom' Luca to the altar, while 'bride' Star was led up on a lead by a pal of the sexy actress."

Is this just me? I mean, how does getting married change anything about dogs? Do they take vows not to sniff the butts of other dogs? I don't get it. It's so stupid.

Yeah, OK. So the picture's cute.
I still think it's redonkulous.

*Postscript: I just read that Pamela Anderson was filming the special dog-event for a reality show. I still say it's still a dumb idea to have wedding ceremonies for dogs.

11 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

did you see her Celebrity Roast on Comedy Central? Too funny.

And shame for going to sleep before 11.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

I still say it's still a dumb idea to have wedding ceremonies for dogs.

Oh, so you think pets should live in sin?!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Tasha said...

Dogs getting married is definitely a little weird...

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Well....I heard that Star is asking for an annulment. It would appear she wanted a sacramental wedding in the church, not on the beach where other dogs go poo, and apparently Luca, the groom, had a bit of a problem on the wedding night, plus he's always lifting his leg and marking things, including her.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous rcr said...

Well at least the dogs weren't gay. Then it would be weird. I mean, we let that happen, and the next thing you know dogs are marrying cats.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Manolos R My Life said...

The whole idea seems just a little on the wierd side to me.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Complacent Chase said...

No weirder than dogs going to psychiatrists or having to take Prozac because they are depressed.
Please...they are dogs not humans.

Personally, I think it is weird when owners dress their dogs. They are dogs...they don't need clothes, shoes, hats or sunglasses.

It is very strange how some pets are treated better than humans. Some pet owners would step over you if you were laying out on the street bleeding...but let it be a dog or cat...and they will try to kill themselves trying to help the poor animal.

In the words of Jim Morrison, 'People are strange".

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Very cool blog. I will be reading along... (http://travellingphoenix.blogspot.com/)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger The Captain said...

Hey, now that Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster) has given birth, and given her child an unfortunate name, will we be seeing anything from The Celebutante?

A documentation of Hollywood births and the crosses they've given their children to bear until at least age 18, perhaps?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger sassyassy said...

I thought you were talking about her breasts (that makes as much sense). Anything to get on film!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Who cares? I am still distraught over last week's headline at the checkout stand tabloid "Brad Will Cheat"

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home