Thursday, August 11, 2005

Inappropriate Office Encounters... Rant # 1

I'll begin by saying that my office does not have a professional dress code. It's been kind of nice to wear jeans on occassion. Although, my new job does have one. And, being the girl that I am, I'm certainly excited about building my new professional wardrobe. However, I digress.

There's a woman at my office who, apparently, was never taught the difference between appropriate work clothes and inappropriate work clothes. Regardless of the dress code.

Yesterday she wore a shirt that was sheer at top and solid white below. Well, the sheer top part stopped right above her nipples. She wasn't wearing a bra. You could see the undercurve of her breasts through the material. And nobody wants to see that. And perhaps the male readers are thinking that they would, in fact, like to see this? Well, let me tell you: they're not nice boobs. They're not perky or full. They're flappy-looking and unattractive. So, I repeat, nobody wants to see that.

And today, she is just wearing a white tanktop with no bra. It's just bad. I don't know why her superior hasn't talked to her about what she wears. And I just am forced to wonder how some people look in the mirrors and are content with what they're wearing. I understand that everyone has different styles. That's fine. The world is better that way. But what this woman wears is not a fashion statement. It's a blatant attempt to flaunt her (nonexistant) sexuality in the workplace. And, again. Sometimes that's ok. If you have a sharp work outfit that makes you feel sexy, you go for it. Wear it. Be proud and confident. But, for the love... Don't do it if it makes you look like trash. Ug.

6 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

agreed...

We have more of a business-casual dress code and recently we're allowed to wear jeans on Fridays (what's that? tomorrow's Friday? saWEET)... so after some time they sent out a letter saying that wearing jeans does not mean going totally casual. Uh, yeah? I can't help but wonder what nimrods showed up in shorts and a t-shirt or something ridiculous like that... HELLO! It's the WORKplace!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger V said...

Yeah, I hear that. There is a girl in my office who is attractive but still she wears tight see through tops and sequined shirts. Not to mention high heels with silver spikes, it's crazy!
She has nicknamed herself "Glamour Girl" (puke a little in my mouth)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I work in transportation and logistics (yeah, it sucks but it pays the bills...) and you should see some of the shit that fat, gross people wear that they think looks hot on them...it might, if they lost 75 pounds...not to mention most people in the Midwest have absolutely NO fashion sense...hey jackass, pick up a copy of GQ or Esquire or something...

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signs of the times
But now freeway 'bloggers' are speaking out, writes Rupert Cornwell 12 August 2005 Feel like getting something off your chest against that iniquitous warmonger in the White House? Well, you can write a letter ...
Hi, nice blog. This is an area I'm very interested in. In fact, I've got my own blog

covering hair loss treatment issues at Hair Loss

Review
. Pay me a visit if you've got the time.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Mudge Q said...

ewwww, as a big girl I have to say this - just because you can find it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Clinton said...

newsflash:

using the term "digress" does not make you sound sophistaced, highly educated, or anything else...

it makes your writing look tacky.

just my .02

 

Post a Comment

<< Home