Monday, August 15, 2005

My biggest pet peeves...



1. Standing with a group of friends when one friend isn't thinking and slightly turns their back to me suddenly excluding me from the circle.

2. Going out somewhere with a boy who feels that it's necessary to check out every girl who walks by. Come on now. I check out a lot of boys when I'm out with my friends, but when I'm with someone I'm dating, or on a date, I'm respectful and I pay attention to whom I've chosen to spend my time with... And I expect the same in return.

3. At the mall:

  • People who walk slowly in groups with out caring that they're causing a hold up behind them.
  • People who walk up stairs and stop to discuss something causing a traffic jam on the stairs behind them.
  • Couples who find it necessary to make out. You love each other. Great. Get a room.
  • People who find it necessary to cuss in front of children.
  • Cashiers who move at a turtle's pace. Not to fold the clothes neatly... But just because they could care less that there's a line of people who have other places to be.
  • Parents who think it's ok to scream at their children.
  • The people who work at the kiosks who single me out and try to drag me in to promote whatever product they're selling. Hello - if I was interested, I'd come over by myself.

4. Running consistently for 3 days in a row and not seeing immediate results. (I know it takes time... blah blah...) I'm just really bad at sticking to habits. I tire of things very easily. Exercising, Dieting, Relationships... Wait a second, maybe I just figured out why I have trouble keeping relationships...

5. People who judge me for judging other people. We all judge. I'm just honest about it.

6. Bosses who micro-manage.

7. Being called stupid. Even in a joking manner.

8. The fact that I am a huge procrastinator and no matter how hard I try not to be, I always leave things until the last minute. Seriously. I've been working on this for ages and have not changed a bit.

9. People who do not call when they say that they're going to.

10. People who make plans and have no intention of carrying through with them. (All though, I have done this occasionally...) At least use a parachute when making the plans... Ex: "Yeah, that sounds great... I want to do it, but I may have to {insert whatever here} instead. I'll let you know though."

11. Having things thrown on me at the last minute. I try to be a go with the flow girl. And most of the time I am. But when someone throws something out at me last minute, it throws me into panic mode. I always quickly get over it, but it still happens.

12. Not having a specific place for everything to go. I have so much stuff. Deep down, I'm a neat freak. But if I don't have enough space for my stuff, I get messy. And it pisses me off.

13. Having a messy car. Mine is always messy. And it kills me. But please refer to #8.

14. People who wear sunglasses at night. The only people who do think they look cool and come off as trying WAY too hard. (Sorry Captain)

15. People who don't return my smile when I go run past them. What's wrong with being friendly?


16. Old men who stand outside in their tighty-whiteys.

17. Tighty-whiteys.

18. People who don't cut their toe nails.

Your turn to rant... Anything to add?

19 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

19. People who hesitate when driving, particularly when changing lanes, parallel parking, or going on green.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sara said...

OH that's a great one!

I forgot:

People who don't use blinkers and
certainly, people who drive in front of me and keep their blinker on even though they've already moved over!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

If you want to gain more control re: stuff...start with your car. It's a contained environment with limited space to worry about. As for automotive pet peeves...let's see....drivers who squeeze in front of you with minimal space to spare, even though the lane behind you is completely empty...they have just "have" to be up one space, even if it means putting you in jeopardy. Oh yeah..those idiots on the Beltway who cut with inches to spare in front of BIG RIGS.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

P.S. What DOES that guy have in his underwear? A "D" cell battery???

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

Sara.. you and I could write a book.

...and I await The Captain's retort on sunglasses at night. Though, in his defense, notice the lack of sunglasses in the happy hour pictures.

Happy hour that a particular somebody may or may not've missed ;o)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Scot in DC said...

For me I have fancy towels in my bathroom, and I have hand towels on the sink of people to dry their hands. Why do people insist on using my fancy towels to dry their hands and not the ones that are there for them to use.

I couldnt agree more about the toe nails...

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Alright Sara, or shall I say, arch-nemesis, the gloves have come off. Just this very night, my sunglasses, which I thought lost and gone forever, were found again!

I thought I had explained long ago why I wore them, but you just had to keep picking. Does it feel good to make fun of someone who's eyes are allergic to light, both natural and artificial? Does it?

The sunglasses are back baby! If you look at pictures from the most recent happy hour, you'll see that I managed without them. This error will be corrected in the future.

Now then, since you decided to sass me about the glasses, I have a little wager for you. We are running a fantasy football league, are we not. Here is my proposal. At some point, our teams will play each other. Should my team be victorious, (as I'm sure they will be) I propose you attend the next blogger happy hour wearing sunglasses indoors and at night, the entire time. Pictures will of course be taken.

I await the other half of the bet, if we can mutually agree on something.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think its bad to wear sunglasses at night - im never trying to be cool - usually im too f'd up that i need to wear them

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

Here are two:
-People who push their blog during their first comment on yours.
-People who push their money making blogs in comments.
-People who spit their toothpaste in the sink and don't rinse it out.

:)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Ug. I hate these freaking blog machines that just leave random messages on blogs. I wish blogger would figure out how to stop them. Hence all the deleted comments on this post.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger DCDietDiva said...

How about people who use the wrong blinker? Indicate right, move left. It's not that complicated. Seriously.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Elvis said...

a few:
1) people who think the Metro is a trash-can.
2) Homebuilders who lowball the price and then later say, "oh, the upgrades are $$$$$ more." Really? A door is an upgrade?
3) People who carry all their luggage on plane and try to stuff them in overhead compartment. Just check it in.
4) Lawyers behind you who jaw about their cases through all nine innings of the Nat's game.
5) People who think there's an hourly cleaning lady for the office kitchen area. If you make a mess, clean it up. So annoying.
6) Officers who can't give you a warning? ... and have to give you that speeding ticket, even if you're begging them not to? (That was for you Sara.)

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

Parents who let their children run around in restaurants. I would rather see a parent yell at the kid to sit down then let the child "be free." I'm not free to enjoy myself while the little bastard's running around.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Wow, I really like your blog. Great writing.

Go to my blog, Sara_Is_A_Wimp_Who_Doesn't_Respond_To_People's_Bets_Or_Challenges.blogspot.com and see what I have to say.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sara said...

ah captain, captain. i did respond but i must have forgotten to hit publish. my bad.

i'll take on that wager. and give me a little time to come up with the other half to it!

although. even if i lose it will be months before i can carry out my part in it because i'm so BROKE that i'm going to be missing any of the upcoming blogger happy hours :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home