Tuesday, August 16, 2005

NYC + Credit Card = TROUBLE



To go along with Sara's most recent post about spending money we don't have, or did have, but lost, I'd like to announce that today I have received my FIRST credit card ever.

Spending limit? $1000.

What's a girl to do with herself in New York City and a brand new never before been used credit card?

It should be illegal, shouldn't it?

Part of me wants to get off work and run to Coach, Louis Vuitton, Prada...and just swipe away. Then I think realistically, and shit, I can't REALLY afford any of that right now, let alone all of it at once! (Which would be every girl's dream!)

For some reason Carrie Bradshaw (a la Sex and the City) could afford all of that. I watch the episodes every night before I go to bed. In one episode Carrie comes to the realization that she has spent nearly $40,000 on her shoes...which is the result to her current financial woes.

Do I want to end up like Carrie? Hell no. Is it easy to end up like that? Hell yes.

Dangling a credit card in front of a girl is like dangling a play station remote in front of a guy telling him the brand new Madden 2006 is in the player...its just TOO tempting to NOT use.

I'm going to try to be strong, dammit. It's just so easy to live the high life for a temporary moment and not think about the future consequences. Someone, please, give me good reasons NOT to use this puppy in NYC before my poor card ends up on crutches!

9 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Don't use it! Please... at least one of us has to have some self-control.

Plus... $1000 won't get you too far at vuitton or prada... ;-)

Miss you Lil!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Manolos R My Life said...

$1000 could get you (1) Gucci purse or (1 1/2) pairs of Manolos or (10) mani/pedis at the John Barret salon in Bergdorfs. I am not one to talk seeing as how I am over $10,000 in debt and have just ordered a new pair of Prada pumps from Saks.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Tasha said...

I agree with Sara. Don't use it! I know how annoying credit cards are and you don't want to start getting sucked in...


Also, Manolos is right. A $1000 won't get you much too much in the stores you mentioned.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger DC Princess said...

I am so anal about CC's..Only charge what you can pay off at the end of the month...you dont want interest fees bc by the end you are paying doubl

Use it too build up credit...Sex and the city is a tv show so we know doing their jobs they werent making enough to afford all those fab. clothes, shoes, accessories...if they were, i need to switch jobs!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Be strong.
DC Princess is right...only use it to build your credit or else you may be spending the next several years paying off tons of interests and fees way beyond your original credit limit.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Easy, Killer. I can't even get a credit card right now b/c I effed up my credit so badly in college. Those people that give a jobless 18 yr old a $1000 credit card should be shot.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Wow...crutches and a brand new copy of Madden in the Playstation. It's like this post was tailored specifically to I-66.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

ba-dum-ching.

Though now there are crutches NO MORE!

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous CreditCoach said...

Trust me $1000 shoes won’t make you happier…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home