Monday, August 08, 2005

Today...


Bored today... So here's a list of a few things going on with me:

Not fun. Getting a manicure and then chipping one nail so that it's all jagged and not having a file at work to fix it, thus biting it all the way down and looking slightly like trailer trash (from a digital perspective).

Fun. Sending sexy emails/IMs while at work to make the day go by quicker.

Not fun. Waiting to find out if your salary negotiation skills are worth anything.

Fun. Knowing that no matter what the final offer is, you're finally getting out of a job you don't like and into one that's quite exciting.

Not fun. Hitting a creative standstill about what to write on the blog. (In case you can't tell by this post.)

Fun. Realizing it's 2 o'clock and the work day is over in 3 hours.

Not fun. Realizing you need to tack at least 1.5 hours to those 3 hours due to traffic on the way home.

Fun. Having a friend get a job right next door: meaning another lunch buddy (at least until the new job starts).

Not fun. Missing another friend who lives in a different big city...

Any add ons?

9 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

not fun navigating the blocks and beaches of Virginia Beach on crutches

fun free beer and food

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

...another one, since I'm bored:

not fun being awakened at 4:30am by a nosey dog

fun answering questions with "bend over and I'll show you" when you don't really know the answer.

note: should not be tried on those without a sense of humor

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous rcr said...

Not fun: sitting in my office staring at my laptop, my blackberry, and my new VoIP phone, and trying to figure out why I'm not a forest ranger like I wanted to be as a kid.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Complacent Chase said...

not fun: skipping breakfast and lunch and starving for food

fun: having no other choice but to get a Twix bar out the vending machine

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

not fun the desperate search for a job that is now into its sixth month

fun having the time to spend up to two weeks all-expenses paid in martha's vineyard taking care of my nephews

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger DCDietDiva said...

not fun: having the internet down at work all day

fun: being able to use the internet being down all day as an excuse to take a 2 hour lunch :)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I-66: I see you guys have created a "brother site" link...copying I see. What can I say, we're hot.

J/K :)

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Any issues regarding that can be directed to The Captain.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

I miss you :-( :-(
XOXOXOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home