Thursday, August 04, 2005

Waving The Flag!

I'm calling a truce!

First, I'd like to say THANK YOU to the many lovers and haters alike who chose to comment on my profiling blog. Clearly this is an issue of importance to many, and I'm glad we were all able to share our thoughts and feelings.

Second, I would like to formally apologize to any reader who took offense to it, for that was NEVER my intention. I was interested in getting comments/thoughts as to better ways we could find a potential terrorist on our subways, and profiling has been a hot topic in the news and government recently, so I chose to dicuss it.

For some, profiling is not right and never will be. For others, it is something that needs to be done to ensure our safety. Some feel that in a time of war its necessary, others feel that it never will be.

After being called a racist, a terrorist supporter, and other hurtful things (We even made it to Rants Craigslist.com), I'd like to say this: Attacking someone for having the courage to write about a touchy and gray subject matter and in turn asking the opinion of readers, is just wrong. I of course do understand that by putting myself out there in the blogosphere there is plenty of room to get criticized, but I'd just like to reach a happy medium where we can all recognize our differences and refrain from unnecessary name calling.

No one here is a racist or a terrorist supporter. We all know this.

So lets move on from our differences and be friends again, k? Cheers :-)



9 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I don't think that you should apologize for your opinions or observations. You created a dialogue about something that is very important. The people that personally attacked you are the ones who should be apologizing.
I think you did a great job and I applaud you, Lil DC Diva. :-)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger clew said...

Regarding Chase-ing's comment, and as a person who'd rather be hated for what she is than loved for what she isn't, I second that!!!!!!!

You go girl. No apologies for what you believe.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger GorgeouslyGeorgina said...

i agree with Chase-ing Random Thoughts..

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lil,

Grow up. How do you expect people to get along with you ("I'd just like to reach a happy medium where we can all recognize our differences) when you don’t get along with Muslim/Islamic men. You have discriminated against that whole group.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Tom Cruise said...

Don't be so glib! You don't KNOW racial profiling like I do.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

New York Police Sued Over Subway Searches

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/04/AR2005080401061.html

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Sara said...

New Butterfly policy, guys. If it comes down to hurtful name calling, I'm just going to delete your comments. Criticism is certainly welcome - everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But if your only comment is to call Lil (or me) a nasty name, it's not going to stay up for long.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

That's a fair policy. Screw people who want to sweep controversial topics under the rug and go all ad hominem on those who would address said topics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home