Saturday, September 03, 2005

David Bell's Theme Song: "I Touch Myself"

Obviously this is not a sports blog. When sports are mentioned, it's normally to talk about a cute player that I've noticed or to brag about going to a Nationals or a (for the future) Skins game. (Woohoo! Go Nats! Go Skins!)

But today, I feel the need to mention a player on the Philadelphia Phillies. His name is David Michael Bell. He's the third baseman, he hits and throws right and has a batting average of .246. He's hit 7 homeruns, he'll be 33 on September 14, he's 5'10 and weights 190. And he REALLY likes to touch himself.

Yes, you read that right. I went to the Nat's game with Hotwheelz, one of his friends, and my best friend, Krista, last night. And while Krista and I were eavesdropping on the guys sitting behind us (which I will blog about later) we noticed that the third baseman for the Phillies kept scratching himself. I mean A LOT. So we thought it'd be fun to count. I stopped after two innings because we were already up to 23. And for anyone who saw last night's pathetic game, the Phillies were never on the field for that long.

I mean, maybe the pants aren't comfortable? Maybe he needs to wear a different cup - or brand/type of underwear? Or maybe... well I can't really think of any other reason for it...

Maybe there's a great reason for a ball player to continuously touch his own during a game - but there's no way that anyone's going to convince me that 23 times in two short innings is not extremely excessive.

11 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very true. i have noticed that myself about baseball players.


but lets not kid ourselves..if you had ran into this guy at a bar later that night...u wouldve been spreadin it for him...lets be honest here.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Actually I wouldn't have. So shove it.

:-)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Scotty J. said...

I doubt that-getting it on with a pro baseball player would make great online diary material. Plus,I dont think you've ever exactly been mistaken for being a prude:)
-SJ

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sara said...

jeff i'm pretty sure you're making those comments. so knock it off.

and first of all these little ways of calling me slutty are ridiculous and untrue. second of all, were i to hook up with a pro baseball player, i certainly wouldn't use it as material... grow up

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

"I don't want... anybody else..."

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baseball players all spend most of the game touching/adjusting themselves, it's pretty ridiculous.

My question though has always been when you watch a game, whoever gets the last out of an inning (i.e. a grounder thrown to the first baseman), why does the first baseman then pull the ball out of the glove and stare at it like he's never seen one before.

It's a baseball! You've been playing this game for 20 years, what could be new?

Anyway, like the blog, if I had anything interesting to say myself, I might start my own.

-jesse

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Doesn't seem like you know much about baseball Jesse. Just to help you out, remove the "if" from your last sentence. You don't have anything interesting to say.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Jesse: To check for scratches or damage to the ball...

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Didnt the nats get blown out
12-1 or something

:(

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger DCSportsChick said...

LMAO! So true!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

Maybe he has crabs sara, ever think of that? (redskins suck!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home