He's just that into you.I left out the 'not' in that popular sentence on purpose. I haven't read the book. I don't want to. I'm a positive person and (when I feel like it) I try to put a positive spin on things. But I've recently been shown that girls do not have to put up with jerks. I know that there are amazing guys out there and they must be worth the wait.
And, though some of my closest friends swear by it - and I have no doubt that there is a lot of truth in it - I'm not a big fan of "He's Just Not That Into You". The only reason being that it points out the reasons why your man is not into you. - it's negative. I think it'd be better to focus on how you can tell when he is. Here are a few examples:
- He has faith in you - He believes you're smart and capable and tells you so.
- He may tease you lightly, in a flirtatious manner, but will never make you feel dumb, or ugly, or bad about yourself.
- He makes room for you in his life - regardless of how busy he may be.
- He talks to his friends about you.
- He does sweet things to let you know he's thinking about you. And no, for the haters, I'm not talking about buying you presents; I'm talking about the little things - like leaving IMs early in the morning to tell you that you're beautiful.
- He isn't afraid to show affection - not to the extent of a PDA, but hand holding and/or when he (often unconsciously) uses body language to establish that you care about each other.
- Most importantly, he's man enough to tell you how he feels about you. I know some guys are shy, but if he really sees what you're worth - he'll tell you! (And if for some reason he doesn't voice his feelings, it won't matter because his actions will show you loud and clear.)
Ok. Stepping off my soapbox now. (But, let's be honest, we all know I just love to talk about relationships/love/romance/etc.) And in hindsight, I wish I'd always listened to everything I just said above. But, ya know, maybe we all have to go through relationships with jerks so that when there's a spark with someone who's really special - it's even easier to see.