Monday, September 19, 2005

My new theory about @$$holes

So I can not tell you how many times I've had girl friends ask me/themselves why they always end up with jerks. They're relationships always take so much work and they feel like they are the ones putting all of the effort into anything. Half of the time, I'm the one asking these questions.

But, you know when you first start dating someone whether or not they'll be good for you. If it's not going to work out, from my experience, more times than not, you know it deep down as soon as you begin dating. Most of the time, you just ignore what you know. To the point that you don't realize you know it and are crushed when some time later, the relationship doesn't work out.

I think my biggest mistake is that I always like guys based on who they have the potential to be - not who they actually are. And when people do this, it's a huge mistake. You make sacrifices for someone who doesn't even really exist.

Well, perhaps also as a good friend recently pointed out, I go for guys I know it won't work with because deep down I'm a commitment-phobe ;) woopsie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home