Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A few things...

Let's see...


  • I totally got busted giving out the Rejection Hotline last weekend. A guy asked for my number (who wouldn't leave me alone all night) so I said I'd put it in his phone for him. And I did. And then he said he'd go ahead and call me now so that I had his phone number as well. And I got busted.
  • If you ride your bike in DC during rush hour, I hate you.
  • If you're from Ohio and drive like crap during rush hour in DC because you're too busy studying a map with your frizzy-headed wife, I hate you.
  • I just found out that the new season of 24 doesn't come on until January. I hate that.
  • I've just used the word hate more times than I've used it in months. I try to never use the word.
  • It's never smooth to introduce yourself and immediately following up with the fact that you went to an Ivy League school. These are times when I think it's fun to give out the rejection hotline.
  • My one of my very best friends in the entire world just got engaged on sunday!
  • There are two types of cigarette smokers in this world. The ones who you can lean close to and realize that they've had one and the ones who walk down two halls away from you and you can still smell their dirty ashtray stench. It's disgusting. (Not that all smoking isn't disgusting, but the latter smell is AWFUL.)
  • Everyone fantasizes about throwing a new crush in their ex's face, but when you do like someone new, you don't care about rubbing it in with your ex anymore.
  • I went to visit my friend Emily and "someone special" in NC two weekends ago and got drunk and played with a snake... I never would have done it sober!
  • I'm worried that I may have to drop the blog because I can never think of clever/entertaining things to write about anymore and I refuse to turn it into a personal diary... But I probably won't!
  • My flag football team is undefeated! We played in the rain last week and I fell about a gazillion times and tore myself up. I was covered in head to foot in mud. And loved it. Here's a nasty-ass picture of the bottom of my knee & shin. (I know, my leg looks funny because it's from a really weird angle.)
  • It's 10 pm and I am working. I've always got work. I don't mind it because it's interesting to me. But it does mean that this post is over!!
    • 12 Comments:

      At 9:45 AM, Blogger Tasha said...

      Aww I miss Emily! She looks good too!! And of course you do as well! We're family...Hahaha!

      I am so glad you have met someone special! Don't you just LOVE that "new crush" feeling!?!?

      Miss ya!

       
      At 11:55 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

      Sara... Sara... this is an example of a reason to just tell him no. Karma, friend. Karma.

       
      At 12:13 PM, Blogger Adam said...

      You can't drop the blog!

       
      At 1:27 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

      "If you're from Ohio and drive like crap during rush hour in DC because you're too busy studying a map with your frizzy-headed wife, I hate you."

      Can't we take the "Ohio" part out of it? For me? ;)

       
      At 1:29 PM, Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

      P.S. Hope you make it tonight!

       
      At 1:43 PM, Blogger DCLastCall said...

      Yeah, don't knock Ohio too hard; my cat was born in Ohio. I know this because she is stamped with an "O" beneath her tail!

      DcLc

       
      At 4:13 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

      I used to jump up on fences when I saw little garter snakes as a kid. I was petrified of them. But then my frat-boy neighbours in college bought a baby snake, and I completely changed my mind. I'd play with it for hours [get your mind out of the gutter].

       
      At 11:09 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

      omg wtf did u do to your knee!!!

       
      At 11:26 AM, Blogger Robin said...

      "If you're from __________(fill in state other than MD, DC or VA) and drive like crap during rush hour in DC because you're too busy studying a map with your frizzy-headed wife, I hate you."

      Why is it that people who are not from the area like to drive around in rush hour traffic? It is hard enough to navigate this city when you live and/or work here, let alone being a stranger who needs a map AND has a frizzy-headed wife. Poor guy!

       
      At 3:41 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

      That's a bad boo boo on the knee.

       
      At 2:33 PM, Blogger DCdramaGrrls said...

      wait... what did guy say to you after he heard the rejection #???

      too funny!

       
      At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Forget everything you know....

      This movie is a mental rollercoaster!

      Ueber Alles - The Movie

      They disproved Einstein!

      The Unified Field Theory is on this site!!!

      http://www.ueberalles.com/


      Nobody can be told what "Ueber Alles" is, you have to see it for yourself!

       

      Post a Comment

      << Home