Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I got wingmanned... and some notes

Yep. I was wingmanned at the gym tonight.

So, I'm on the treadmill next to this absolutely beautiful girl. And I'm talking naturally beautiful. No make up, sweaty... and would have made me look like a toad even dressed up looking my absolute best. And these two guys, we shall call them tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum, came up to talk to us. The other girl was obviously annoyed and I was obviously not interested, as I was rather busy trying to read the teleprompter on Seinfield.

Before they came over, I noticed the guy that ended up trying to talk to me (tweedle-dum) rolling his eyes and saying "fine". While he was half-heartedly talking to me, and I was whole-heartedly trying to show that I wasn't interested, he kept staring at her. Obviously, I didn't care. But it was funny, and weird. Who knows how many times that's happened to me before, but it was TOTALLY obvious tonight.

And guys, here's a little note: I know that sometimes it's confusing. BUT when you see a girl at the gym, if she's sweating and not wearing make up and obviously into her work out - she doesn't want to get hit on. It's annoying. If you're looking for chicks to work it with while you're working out, look for the perky little girls walking slowly on treadmills, fully made up and in full jewelry. K? Thanks

*************************************

Anyway. Last Thursday, I went with Asian Mistress and some of her chickadees to see Aaron Karo do stand up. He was absolutely hilarious. We were cracking up the entire time! At one point, he compared 20-something girls to preseason football - because they appear that they're trying to score, but in reality they're just trying not to get hurt. Pretty funny. And, in some cases, accurate. Funny, regardless.

Karo also talked about how after having sex, guys pee sideways. Had I been taking a sip out of a drink at that moment, I would have spit it out. Is this true? I've never heard anything like it! Asian Mistress said that it's common knowledge, but apparently I've been kept in the dark. Also, funny.

For anyone who doesn't know who Aaron Karo is, he's a comedian and an author. He sends out emails called Ruminations in which he makes funny comments on observations that he makes. I'd highly recommend signing up for them! They're free, and you can sign up here.

*************************************

I'm very sorry everyone, but I'm not sure that Lil DC Diva or The Celebutante will be back with the blog for a while. They're both busy with work - and I miss them dearly! (Although I do talk to them all the time.)

*************************************

13 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger cuff said...

But sweaty girls are the best...or so I used to say back in the single days. Anyway, here's hoping you left him thinking that instead of making a sacrifice for his buddy he was being dismissed.

As for the peeing sideways, I'd say it can happen, but it's not a lock.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Do I have to actually buy the polish? If so, you may as well tell me what brand you like, since I won't need the rest after I'm done.

I have a lot of people on my team to hate right now.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Wingmanned...is that like I got spammed?

So much fun at Karo with you! :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

he shouldn't have to buy it... I suggest application at the happy hour.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Dutchess said...

I'm stealing that pre-season football quote. and, I never heard the pee sideways thing either.. very odd, indeed.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Thanks for the heads up on Aaron Karo. I signed up for his email listing.

Washington Cube Was Here. #123

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

Cube... how are you remembering what # your last one was?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

I must be a bitch because if I got hit on at the gym in the middle of my work out, I'd tell the guy to eff off.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous one of the guys said...

i'm sorry my wingman could not keep your interest. his game sucks... we got into a big fight after i obviously failed to get the digits of the hottie. wanna meet up anyway?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I didn't know about the peeing sideways thing either. I swear, I don't know how you guys walk around with those things between your legs! ha ha





(make note of new moniker and blog address & name)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger DCLastCall said...

In regards to strange happenings/annoyances at the gym, whats up with the "regular joes" practically screaming (instead of just exhaling) as they are lifting a managable amount of weight? Is that supposed to be attracting women?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger The Senator said...

Sara--sorry you had to get hastled in the gym and on your own site by some hater...

Anyway, hope to see you tomorrow night at the Cleveland Park Bar & Grill. It'd be good to catch up...

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Guys... sorry I have been swamped at work and it's hard to blog. BUT seriously, no more commenting under someone else's name. It's just annoying.

On a brighter note, I promise to start writing again soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home