Saturday, August 19, 2006

Date Number Two

I've learned that second dates can either go downhill or up. There is no inbetween. If the first date was great, there is really no telling what the second will be like. First dates are the two people trying to impress the other person, they are on their best behavior, using their manners, trying not to get sloppy (if they find out they like the person.)

So I had my second date with "Harry" last night. If you haven't been keeping up with my dating trials and tribulations, feel free to refer to my two previous postings.

I'll admit I was somewhat nervous because the first date went so well. My expectations were so high I was a bit scared I would be let down. But hey, thats the game of dating!

We decided to meet up at a posh rooftop bar in the city last night. Amongest a rowdy crowd cheering for their Yankees (who were playing the Red Sox), annoying drunk girls who tried to steal his seat from him, and bump and grind music being played over the loud speakers, somehow we both still felt like we were the only people there.

At one point, Harry stopped and looked around with a puzzled look on his face.

"I just forgot where I was. I didn't even notice that we were here...because I've been talking to you all night!"

Once again we chatted, laughed, made fun of the drunks, and a few hours later (okay okay by this time it was 2:45 am) we decided we were starving and went to get breakfast at a diner. Over french toast, eggs, and bacon at 3am we continued to enjoy each others company. Honestly if it wasnt 4am knowing that the sun would be up in an hour, I would have stayed out for 10 more hours.

We finished our meal and realized it was time to call it a night. He paid for everything. Drinks at the bar, the cab, the breakfast. I even offered to pay the cab and breakfast! He wouldn't let me.

Harry finally walked me out to my cab...gave me a hug, and, our first kiss goodnight. :-)

Any nerves or anxiety I had over the coming 2nd date have been withered away. I am looking forward to the 3rd date because I know it will be just as, if not more FUN!

I'm at the point now where I know I like him and enjoy being with him. But do I keep pursuing others with online dating? Should I still be looking to see whats out there? I'm definetely very interested in him, but I don't want to throw all my cards in one basket, but at the same time I don't want to spread myself to thin. Ah! Will keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

What about "Brandon"....? :)

Yay fun with Harry...gotta love dates like that! It gives you a new passion for getting out there!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That's awesome!! I say have a wonderful time with Harry - but for now keep on dating other people as well... until you guys decide on some sort of commitment, just have funnnnnnnnn :)

I'm happy for ya! xoxo

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

And do wear something sexy yet rip-offable.

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home