Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm Over IT!!!!

Okay...so we went on hiatus for a while....and who knows....we might do it again. But today I actually have a few minutes to vent, err, write...about some things.

For the first time in a while, I'm sick in bed and doing absolutely nothing. Its weird. Living in NYC you don't have time to sit in bed and do nothing, and now that I find myself in this position, what better thing to do than mend to our poor and failing blog?

And today not only am I a woman sick with a bad cold or flu or whatever has crept under my skin, I am whole-heartedly, completely, and utterly sick of men. My experiences here the past year and a half have turned me into one cynical, negative, and doubtful 23 year old. I admit that its pathetic and sad, but when it comes to men, I just GIVE THE F UP.

I'm not even looking for a boyfriend. I was over that a long time ago. But what I do look for as a smart, educated, pretty young thang...is a little damn respect. And that, my friends, I have failed to receive as well.

A perfect example would be this past Wednesday. This handsome feller I met at a trader party back in July or August called me to hang out. We've hung out a few times before and have always had fun. Last time we hung out we shared our first kiss. Our friendship that was developing had a lot of potential and I could feel sparks from both sides. I don't have much expectations anymore, but when I called him back he told me he wanted to discuss something with me before we hung out. ("Jesus Christ what the hell could it be now?" is what I was thinking) Ohhh welp, he is currently dating someone. Fine. We could still be friends, right? So I got off work and went over to his place to continue our "discussion", yet instead, he wasn't in for more discussing. The sleezeball made a bee-line for my lips and tried to kiss me. I jerked myself away and asked what the hell that was about. He then further informed me that he didn't see "us" going anywhere, but that he would like to hook up with me on the side. Without his girlfriend knowing. Never in my LIFE have I been made to felt so trashy and disrespected. I've deleted his number from my phone, and him from my life.

But that's not even the end to this hellacious week. I woke up this morning to have one missed call from my cute neighbor friend. We've kissed a couple times and nothing more, but I have to wonder what signal I give off when the message he left me at 2am last night said, "Ashley...its Mike...I'm booty calling you. Why? Because I'm going crazy. So call me back, and if not, call me tomorrow to make fun of me."

Again, another number, deleted.

I've tried online dating...it sucks. They all want booty. I won't give it. They stop calling.

Then there is the fling I had with a boy I went to high school with. Every time I came home, we'd see each other. His current lack of communication and interest in me has lead to yet another deletion.

I don't get it. I'm not an uniteresting person. I don't hook up with random people. I'm far from a slut. I put myself out their in the dating world only to get burned and burned and burned to the point where I am sick in bed and don't want to get out.

So if anyone has a remedy for the poor girl sick in bed with MENingitus, please let her know. She's tired of the sleezeballs that have caused her to come down with such a sickness.

15 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Mr 5.25 said...

>>>>> I've tried online dating...it sucks. They all want booty. I won't give it. They stop calling.


I think this pretty much explains your lack of success. Let's face it. At the core, men and women are all about sex. My favorite hookup these days started out as an online sex hookup. Nothing more nothing less. Over time, a mutual interest in great sex has evolved into a wonderful relationship.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

You're in the wrong city...come back to Washington D.C., where the men are all about respect.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I hear what you're saying. It is hard out there. You sound like you know what you want. To find something good takes time and sacrifice. Be pateint, get to know you and then someone will notice and love you for who you are. We aren't all pigs. You are just in the pin with them right now.

Take Care! And I hope you feel better.

:)

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous livelove said...

hey magsie! you've got it totally right about deleting those guys from your phone and your life. If you don't have respect for yourself, what do you have, right? but about the cute next door neighbor tho... if all you've done is kissed that's quite a leap to booty call you, are you sure it wasn't just a joke? He did give you leave to make fun of him, you totally should have! Definitely time to enjoy single life tho, you're young and healthy, have fun! magsie, and I definitely stress this, try not to over analyse!!!

Good luck girl!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Seth said...

Hey Magsie, I came upon this site as an alternative to movieforums being momentarily shut down. Upon doing so, I read your blog. In terms of a remedy to which you request I might suggest, being a man temporarily overriding your emotions for a more mechanical solution, a delicious warm cup of Yerba Mate. This brazilian brew has rejuvenating as well as 'feel good' properties that can radically change one's mood for the better. Once our perception can transform in a new and exciting way we find our life's "problems" are more akin to "challenges" that in turn become more managable. Now in terms of your emotions, I can clearly see that you provide validity behind what you are going through with men. Therefore, I just want to encourage you to continue to foster what you consider inner virtues to be striven for and with great ease witness the manifestation of your deepest of aspirations. Get well soon Magsie.
SIncerely,
Seth

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous sam said...

Hey, I stumbled upon this blog just as Seth did for the same reason. By the way, what the hell was he talking about? In reference to your blog, I think you should try dating a guy younger than you. Im sure you will find they provide a bit more respect than older men do. As a younger guy, I find myself giving more respect to the women I date that are older than I.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here ..movie forums..

get a life and stop bitchin..your 23..not all guys arelike the sleazeballs you've met and dated.
must be an american thing to bitch..lol

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger File said...

Download Forum Poster V3 3.0 at FileAfro.com

http://www.fileafro.com/view_forum-poster-v3-30.html

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger natasha said...

Watch Natsha Naked!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger indavao said...

hi... just dropping by!
http://www.fileafro.com
http://mobileandetc.blogspot.com
http://kantahanan.blogspot.com

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,
im a bloke from ireland, i just wanted to say that you must be a good looking girl to make him act like that but you are right he is a dick head and you diserve better finding the right person is not an easy thing you have to go through a lot of frogs before you get your prince, dont give up,

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

 

Post a Comment

<< Home